Vanilla Taurox?

TheAlchemist

I had started building a list for a Tallarn detachment and really liked the way taurox looked over the chimera, so I looked into my Dex and saw that taurox only hold 10 infantry guys. Seeing I can't put a unit and a Jr officer in one as I planned but would like to still have one, what are good units to stick into them?

Really depends how you want to use the transport. If it's off away from your main force to grab an objective a Chimera is probably best so you can take supporting units with it. I have a dual Heavy Flamer Chimera with an all flamer command squad and flamer special weapon squad (Hot stuff coming through!) and I put a Platoon commander in there with them for orders. Couldn't do that with a Taurox.

However, since there's less of a need to have officers in transports for protection now since they'll be screened by other units, I use a Taurox to put a Squad of Veterans in and have it behind my main Infantry Line. No need to have an officer in there because I want them out and using orders so the capacity isn't an issue. it keeps my Veterans safe(ish) until I want to use them and having some extra Autocannons is always good.

I'm sick and twisted so prefer how the Taurox looks as well!

Heavy weapon makes an infantry unit 9 models. Odd that heavy weapons free up room in transports but it solves your problem

From the Codex: Two other Guardsmen may form a Heavy Weapons Team who must take an item from the Heavy Weapons list (Codex:AM, 93).

Two other Veterans may form a Veteran Heavy Weapons Team who must take an item from the Heavy Weapons list (Codex:AM, 97).

Here's from the transports rule on Tauroxes, Chimeras, and Valkyries: Each Heavy Weapons Team or Veteran Heavy Weapons Team takes the space of two other models (Codex: AM, 115-117).

It's pretty clear, that your suggestion doesn't work, and I don't know why you thought it would.

Archived