Lamentors viable in any way?

TheAlchemist

I started a Lamentors army in 6th edition and was very close to finishing it by the time 8th hit ( I started 8 armies at once, big mistake). Anywho, I was planning on finishing it after BA got their codex, to learn Lamentors didn't get any love.

What I have as of this moment is a drop pod force ( Wich drop pods are meh this edition)

What is the most fluff/ competitive way to run Lamentors?

As they don’t have rules for any special characters(unless forgeworld) then play them as blood angels using blood angels key word and your good to go on all aspects, only thing you won’t be able to do is add seth (like any blood angel army)

No one can say they are not blood angels because they are not painted red.

Yeah unless you really want that one special character just play them as Blood Angels counts as. That way you'll have everything other Blood Angels players have. If uou want to be a little bit stricter with yourself don't use the BA specific special characters either.

That's what I'm doing with my Knights of Baal as well.

There's very little fluff on what the Lamenters use, organisation-wise, other than not having many Bangle-specific units like Baal Predators, but having a large number of Stormravens/aerial forces, and a large number of Sanguinary Priests. Death Company are really up to each individual player to determine how they want to interpret the Lamenters version of the Flaw, or when they want their army "set". Basically, they're a Blood Angels force that sticks closer to the Codex than the Blood Angels do.

Archived