Manticore Platform

Wassa

I was looking at the forgeworld Manticore Platform that has 4 Manticore missiles for 150pts.

These missiles have 300" range, D6 attacks, Strength 9, AP-3, D6 damage

So these missiles have half the attacks but double the damage of the Storm Eagle Rockets, but there is no restriction of firing them all on one turn.

After that it would be useless... but I guess it would prevent some deep striking.

If I fielded a Catachan one to get a reroll on the attacks per missile, and buffed it with Vengeance for Cadia, aren't these going to be insanely deadly?

Also I can't seem to find the model on forgeworld, does anyone know how to get one or make one? (Apart from just take the weapon off the Manticore vehicle)

Before you spend the money making or buying something like this, try proxying them first.

I say this as:

1) A number of tournaments that allow FW models will only allow original FW models (and therefore not conversions). Getting hold of out-of-production FW models is going to be slow and expensive. Getting plastic Manticore turrets as proxies may not be considered acceptable in some settings.

2) If the rules/unit turns out to be poor/mediocre, you've not lost much besides some time.

3) If the rules/unit turns out to be exceptionally good (i.e. too unbalanced), you may find that your opponents don't want to play you when you fields these next time.

Better to find out any pitfalls now, rather than spend a lot of time and money on alternative solutions or chasing down old models and then discover they are just going to sit on your shelf gathering dust.

Archived