Converting Tau for the Omnissiah

To defeat one's enemy, one must know their enemy. Sometimes even studying and adopting their ways.....

In my local meta, I'm known for two things: being the local AdMech player who loves all things Machine God... and my undying hatred for the Tau and their so-called Greater Good. Which really has become more of a joke than anything. But the other day, I was rereading the Stygies VIII fluff, and reread the passage about the Xenarites. Tech-Priests who actively seek out, study, and utilize xeno tech.

So, being the totally loyal (borderline heretek) servant of the Omnissiah that I am, I came up with the oh so (not at all) original idea to buy some Tau and convert them to AdMech..... Problem is, I don't really have a whole lot of ideas on how to do this.

I got a few simple ideas: Fire warrior torsos and arms for Skitarii, saying their utilizing their armor. Swap out weapons for AdMech equivalents or tear them up and kitbash. Rail cannon from a Hammerhead onto a Dunecrawler. I was also thinking maybe I could try tearing up a Crisis Suit and turning it into a Kataphron or Kastelan.

My biggest questions right now are: Has anyone tried this? If so, how did they do it? And does anyone have any ideas on what I can do for this?

Thanks guys!

Not gonna lie, if I was doing this I would just chop up Tau guns and use them to represent Skitarii special weapons so you could have as many plasma guns as you need without buying extra bits for exorbitant prices. Tau guns are supposed to be plasma anyway, so it fits fluff wise.

Hmmm. I'd think a green stuff "tentacle maker" to make ribbed hoses, plus a lot of skulls, could be added to tau drones for hacked and no longer AI drones would fit well. The Necromunda archaeotech water vampire hired gun already looks suspiciously tau/Mechanicus so I'd consider that for sure.

To defeat one's enemy, one must know their enemy. Sometimes even studying and adopting their ways.....

In my local meta, I'm known for two things: being the local AdMech player who loves all things Machine God... and my undying hatred for the Tau and their so-called Greater Good. Which really has become more of a joke than anything. But the other day, I was rereading the Stygies VIII fluff, and reread the passage about the Xenarites. Tech-Priests who actively seek out, study, and utilize xeno tech.

So, being the totally loyal (borderline heretek) servant of the Omnissiah that I am, I came up with the oh so (not at all) original idea to buy some Tau and convert them to AdMech..... Problem is, I don't really have a whole lot of ideas on how to do this.

I got a few simple ideas: Fire warrior torsos and arms for Skitarii, saying their utilizing their armor. Swap out weapons for AdMech equivalents or tear them up and kitbash. Rail cannon from a Hammerhead onto a Dunecrawler. I was also thinking maybe I could try tearing up a Crisis Suit and turning it into a Kataphron or Kastelan.

My biggest questions right now are: Has anyone tried this? If so, how did they do it? And does anyone have any ideas on what I can do for this?

Thanks guys!

Already doing this to an extent with my Knights as seen here.

Wolf knight arms

SW Armigar

I'm sure that adding some of the extra tau weapons for foot troops will happen in time, just not yet.

Archived