Lieutenants

I have two old Metal Captains as Castellans​ (Firepower will be along later to administer the Paddlin!)

​One has a Thunder hammer and a pistol in a holster, so I can legitimately WYSIWIG any type. Plasma is going down well currently and the Thunder hammer kicks arse in this edition. 

IMG 20180209 154311

Considering the one I’m working on is just there to babysit shooty squads and fill hq tax I’m keeping him cheap with the master crafted bolter and chain sword. If you’re magnetizing though I’d go for broke and load him out heavy for etl. Combi melta/ thunder hammer and a jump pack if you’re magnatizing the back. Or just vow him as a captain... ;)

If he (they) are only for ETL, go for the points. One year I created a Vanguard squad  with jet packs,  Storm shields, Thunder hammers, Lightning claws, twin plasma pistols, power swords, a couple kitchen sinks and a trash compacter.

You'd never see it in a tournament, but it was fun  to build  and it's actually seen game  time when I want a few giggles.

So to summarize, if for ETL (especially since you are magnetizing) go WILD, go FREE, go ZEAL!

Otherwise, any plain  Charlie Brown  configuration  will  do.

But most importantly, paint something you'll enjoy.

Remember  to have fun with the ETL. That's what you'll remember after the contest  is over.

I think Lieutenants in general can be taken with chainsword and pistol to minimize costs OR a power fist/thunder hammer to make the most of his aura. I dont think you can go wrong with whatever equipment you want to give them, they are fairly cheap and a good way to fill up HQ slots, I have one with a Lighting Claw which, admittedly, is probably the worst loadout but I just like the bit.

I have two old Metal Captains as Castellans​ (Firepower will be along later to administer the Paddlin!)

Depends on which venerables you defaced.

Anyway, magnets are indeed the answer for highly modular units like HQs and Vanguard, if you have the patience.  If you just want some Castellans for general use, cheaper is probably better in general.  They're more valuable for their auras than their combat capabilities.  If you're doing it to score some ETL points, the more jacked up on upgrades the better.  Although I dunno how points will be calculated yet.  

Ok. So thunderhammer, jump pack, And most expensive bolter equivalent. Done. For the ETL puropose.

But in-game, I would go cheap with power sword And MCB.

Or i saw on few lists jump pack version with TH And CombiPlas.

Anyway, magnets are indeed the answer for highly modular units like HQs and Vanguard, if you have the patience. If you just want some Castellans for general use, cheaper is probably better in general. They're more valuable for their auras than their combat capabilities. If you're doing it to score some ETL points, the more jacked up on upgrades the better. Although I dunno how points will be calculated yet.

I was more highlighting the heretical title for this thread.

it depends on your list. If you want to play like a real templar. Then you have to play aggressive forwards. Then i am playing with combi-melta and power sword. If you prefer a gun line - it should be cheap.

As backline support i would go basic one, Maby PS. Ecause it is only 4 pts.

If I wan’t play aggressive i would take jump pack one with P.Axe And PP. Quite cheap And some choppy included.

I think that TH is a bit to expensive for model without inv.

i play him with Helbrecht, a Emperors Champion and a Captain( with combi-melta and ThunderH + Jump pack) - so he is in a bulk of characters. With Honor Guard they are like a lot of small Gullimans^^. I beat one of our best T´au Players in our tournament community in a test game.

Anyway, magnets are indeed the answer for highly modular units like HQs and Vanguard, if you have the patience. If you just want some Castellans for general use, cheaper is probably better in general. They're more valuable for their auras than their combat capabilities. If you're doing it to score some ETL points, the more jacked up on upgrades the better. Although I dunno how points will be calculated yet.

I was more highlighting the heretical title for this thread.

Too late to get off the hook now, buddy.  Meet me in my office.  :verymad:

I always use Teeth of Terra on Lieutenant or don't take him at all (he's converted from Cypher so he's incompatible with my other magnetized arms anyway). So mine is armed with chainsword and 2 bolt pistols and uses a JP.

Archived