Indirect Forlorn Fury nerf (beta rules)?

Blackcadian

Hey guys,

not sure if this has been brought up, but when putting together a list for an upcoming game I just realised that Forlorn Fury is severly impacted by the new beta reserves rule.

Normally I would move up my Captain Smush with FF to an opportune spot and then drop in the cavalry alongside to give him and the unit a good chance of getting into melee. But now he wont be supported until turn 2, which is basically a death sentence for him. And I cant imagine a blob of Death Company faring any better.

What do you say, is FF even worth using anymore? Have I overlooked something?

You can still move a second unit via Upong Wings of Fire to the same spot. But yeah turn 1 charges are rarely a good idea without overwhelming your opponent. ;)

Forlorn Fury is definitely still worth it imo. I think I'd use it on Death Company rather than a Captain tho. Hurts less if you lose them and the Captain is easier to place between units with deep strike rules so you can wait for turn 2 with him (or use Upon Wings of Fire).

FF + UWOF means we can still get Turn 1 charges with 2 decent units. Add some CC Scouts (who won't be needed for screening so much anymore) and we can lay down a respectable alpha strike. It is just a lot riskier if we do not get 1st turn.

You can still move a second unit via Upong Wings of Fire to the same spot. But yeah turn 1 charges are rarely a good idea without overwhelming your opponent. ;)

Forlorn Fury is definitely still worth it imo. I think I'd use it on Death Company rather than a Captain tho. Hurts less if you lose them and the Captain is easier to place between units with deep strike rules so you can wait for turn 2 with him (or use Upon Wings of Fire).

FF + UWOF means we can still get Turn 1 charges with 2 decent units. Add some CC Scouts (who won't be needed for screening so much anymore) and we can lay down a respectable alpha strike. It is just a lot riskier if we do not get 1st turn.

Um I’m pretty sure we’ve established that UWOF counts as deep striking from reserves? It was in another thread regarding the Intercept strats.

You can still move a second unit via Upong Wings of Fire to the same spot. But yeah turn 1 charges are rarely a good idea without overwhelming your opponent. :wink:

Um I’m pretty sure we’ve established that UWOF counts as deep striking from reserves? It was in another thread regarding the Intercept strats.

No, we've established that UWOF works and GW confirmed it.

No, we've established that UWOF works and GW confirmed it.

Well, thats good to know, thanks!

Archived