A couple of questions regarding Valkyries embark/disembark

STTAB

Yes and no? 

Because disembark is 3" from the models base, so the line wouldn't be entirely sufficient?
It becomes more of an issue if where your dropping them is potentially withing 9" of an enemy

You'd pause the movement so that you can get an accurate positioning for the disembarkation distances, otherwise your opponent is giving you the room to fudge your distances massively.

If your opponent kicks up a fuss about moving a model, stopping then moving further then they probably: only move with a bent tape measure (which is inaccurate and generally against how every wargame tells you to measure); likely to nitpick everything anyway; and probably an asshat.

Actually on a side note just had a thought.

A spare empty flying base would be handy to measure disembark distances in general without have to worry about the Valk getting in the way.

You could also throw it down along the path and say I'll disembark there after I'm done :D 

A spare empty flying base would be handy to measure disembark distances in general without have to worry about the Valk getting in the way.

You could also throw it down along the path and say I'll disembark there after I'm done :D

That's a damn good idea! Should remove any possible bitching too

You could also throw it down along the path and say I'll disembark there after I'm done :biggrin.:

That's a damn good idea! Should remove any possible bitching too

As a bonus, you could even model something appropriate on it. Discarded gravchutes, trampled ground, etc. Just to make it even cooler. :P

As a bonus, you could even model something appropriate on it. Discarded gravchutes, trampled ground, etc. Just to make it even cooler. :tongue.:

Sounds like you just volunteered! ;) 

Archived