Ordo Xenos special task force (update:enemies of the ordo)

I wasn't sure if I was going to share this or not, but as I've just acquired the bulk of my infantry, I said why not, and you're all getting a good look into a pet project of mine. I was going to do a big write up about everything, but for now I'll just drop the photos and go from there.

Starting with the Lady Inquisitor herself;

pixlr.jpg

IMG_20180430_122227.jpg

pixlr_20180507163642501_2018050723201641

pixlr_20180507163739001_2018050723215634

pixlr_20180507231525821.jpg

pixlr_20180507231931014_2018050723222837

And finally everything I've got so far all together

IMG_20180507_223808.jpg

Thanks for looking, I'll answer any questions/respond to any feedback when I can

Very nice start, especially liking the pose and parts used for the shield-bearer, as well as the Inquisitot. Her axe is from a High Elf kit, right?

The one with a shield is meant to be a crusader rules wise, so there will be more with that set up. Three more in fact. She was also the first model I built for this project. Just a random idea that grew into something more.

The axe on the Inquisitor is from an elder wraithblade combined with a thousand sons staff.

And I've been trying to have as many women in the Army as possible. The Inquisitor's retinue will be all women in fact.

That Lady Inquisitor is brilliant. I really like that axe. A great feel to that one. You've got the angle of the axe bang on with the cape blowing in the wind too. They're all great though.

Thank you, took several tries to get the haft line up just right. Can't take credit for the cape though, grayfax is just a lovely model apart from her silly hat. Hardest part was removing the old sheathed sword, and I think I did a very good job of that.

Great work on the inquisitor! That shield crusader is also well done. Well, all of the models are well done. How much bigger are you planning on having the retinue?

Well it will be the Inquisitor, the second Inquisitor with incinerator, counting as the special weapons bearer for the Crusaders, 4 Crusaders and an astropath. Possibly a third Inquisitor as well, the apprentice to the Lady. Though said apprentice may deploy seperately from the rest to spread out that leadership bubble.

van saars are goregous, I can't wait for my order to show up

So very much so yes. But having worked with Marines for so long, the tiny details, like the arms that are in two halves, have been slowing me down quite a bit more than I expected. I'd have blown through this by now, typically, but if anything taking my time with them has been wise.

Not much to add today, modified the existing plasma trooper to be brandishing a fairly large knife, and built up the first squad's Vox caster. With any luck I'll finish the second plasma trooper tonight and be on to the second squad.

pixlr_20180509100126797.jpg

pixlr_20180509100001581.jpg

IMG_20180509_000359.jpg

This is awesome, and I am slightly jealous. I may be stealing some of your ideas.

Steal away, just be sure to share what you come up with.

No pictures today, 'cause I'm not at home, but the second squad has been started, built up the vox trooper last night, and I'm pretty happy with how the pose turned out. Looking forward to sharing that that you all. For the second squad I'm essentially using the different body poses for different squad members and going that's enough. Eg. The vox trooper of squad two uses the body of the Sgt. of squad 1.

If I get more done tomorrow I'll have some more pictures to share. Another crusader will be coming soon as well

Yeah I really like that head, I just had to find a way to use it somehow. Sgt. Seemed appropriate.

I'm three members into squad two now. I think it's going well so far, have a look:

IMG_20180513_212307.jpg

pixlr_20180513213142961.jpg

pixlr_20180513213354815.jpgpixlr_20180513213251743.jpg

And here's some comparisons to their opposites as far as body poses are concerned. I'm hoping the slight differences are enough to keep them unique.

pixlr_20180513213012057.jpg

I hope you all enjoy. More coming soon

Nice work on your twins, having duplicate bodies can be a challenge to get a distinct look. For the female ones the difference in the pose of the arms helps (closed vs. open), but what might be a challenge is that their heads are similar. The other twins have a bare and helmeted head, while the females both have top knots and hair sweeping across their faces. 

Maybe in terms of fluff these are actually sisters, or mother and daughter with the mother have the close combat weapons and the daughter starting to learn her bloody trade.

Nice work on your twins, having duplicate bodies can be a challenge to get a distinct look. For the female ones the difference in the pose of the arms helps (closed vs. open), but what might be a challenge is that their heads are similar. The other twins have a bare and helmeted head, while the females both have top knots and hair sweeping across their faces.

Maybe in terms of fluff these are actually sisters, or mother and daughter with the mother have the close combat weapons and the daughter starting to learn her bloody trade.

Thanks for that suggestion, the two are totally mother and daughter now. Though since one is a Sgt and they're in different squads, if say they think differently and have to be kept in different squadrons to promote team effectiveness. I'll also be adding some sort of scope of a holo-sight to the daughter's rifle. Mark her out as squad marksman, add to the personality of the unit. An idea I plan on repeating.

One thing I'm really enjoying about this project is it's an excuse to talk fluff and to cram as much character into every model that I can. It's been really fun.

This is still very much a work in progress, and the last update for tonight, but I started on a Stormtrooper officer early. Enjoy.

pixlr_20180513232724298.jpg

Archived