How many guardsmen do you own?

Wassa

How many guardsmen do you own?

I currently own about 75 cadians and about 15 catachans, not including a couple of heavy weapons teams

69 guardsmen currently, soon to be 86. If you dont count Ogryns, commissars and priests. :tongue.:

(Edit... actually, forgot my conscripts and Scions... so thats another 40 then. So 109 currently, soon to be 129. Basic infantry being steel legion)

Painted or unpainted?

I haven't checked recently but I'd have to have at least 70 odd assorted Mordians and a dozen or so HWTs mostly lascannons

Maybe 1/3 painted... :ermm:

35 fully painted Scions though! :D

Pithy answer:

Random Inquisitor: How many guardsmen do you own?

Any Space Marine: All of them. :pirate:

Real answer: Just enough to make a really under powered kill team. :blush.: My main limitation is time, and I simply don't have time to paint a full and proper Astra Militarum army.

Rough numbers...

I had around 5 platoons of Khornate guard, so about 250, plus a bunch of special weapons (maybe 15 teams worth) and at least 50 heavy weapon teams, plus a few veteran squads.

Plus about 30-40 nurgle guard, 100+ valhallans, 100+ Heavy Elite Guard (counts-as SoB), and I just started a companion regiment for my Custodes which at start will be about 50 infantry models.

So 550-600 including the SoB counts as regiment, around 500 without.

Remember, a Guard army is never complete. It merely discovers new avenues for expansion and recruitment...

Over the last few months I've painted 40 Elysians, 40 Death Corps, 6 heavy weapon squads (18 dudes) and 9 officers, totaling 107 soldiers. I have another 20 Death Corps half painted, but they will be waiting until after the ETL.

I've pledged another 16 for the ETL (3 command squads and one set of Earthshaker crew)

VUWlPaR.jpg

cuTPdth.jpg

All painted and ready to go I've got about 130 Cadian style and another 40 varied Catachans. Unmade I've got a start collecting box worth and 45 anvil regiments infantry.

Here's 150 I was running as conscripts while they were still worth running. Dividing them into their squads with Sergeant, SW, HWT, and Vox gives 300 painted. I'll need to work on getting a full shot taken with all the fixings.

7hA71nF.jpg

Haha, some rainy day I should. It would be absurd.

I have a friend who runs a blog called Guardsman-a-day, hes been at it fairly consistently since 2012 - over 1000 I believe. All conversions.

Not enough. it's never enough.

for ref, the units are 7th ed, because idk what it's like in 8th.

Basically 2 min platoons (25men each) plus a company comand, a few extra models... maybe I could make another squad or 2. Not sure.

40 1993 metal cadians

90 plastic cadians

10 kasakrin

15 stormies

4 inquisitor stomies

Selection of metal characters and weapons (call it 20ish)

20 DKOK infantry

10 DKOK grendaier

10 steel legion

So around 220. Plus an unknown number of heavy weapons, maybe 18? Not sure

Here's my contribution to the pile

Two full strength platoons of cadians around 139 men in each, including two 50 man units of catachans (used as conscripts in the two platoons)

you can imagine my delight upon seeing the new force structure for guard armies in 8th "what do you mean i can only field 10 men as a troops choice:censored: "

Forty five storm troopers (10 kasrkin, 20 old metals, 10 second edition plastics and 5 scions)

Six ratlings ( once again second edition metals)

Ten ogryns (converted ogres)

Four bullgrynns

Ten (cold one riding) rough riders:whistling:

So around 350 infantry

Enough armour to field an armoured company, Along with various other mechanized vehicles, sentinels, artillery and AA tanks

A baneblade and a (badly:wink: ) scratch built storm hammer:yes:

An awful lot. Exact numbers:

35 Kasrkin (mix of FW hazmat, plastic conversions and old metals)

30 Cadian vets

40 Cadian Infantry

6 HWS

Assortment of officers, 1 CCS

1 Counts as steel legion infantry squad, command squad and officers (Anvil, but one officer is the metal one from GW)

Counts as Krieg HWS (Anvil), counts as Combat engineers and a group of officers

Plus about 20 inquisitorial storm troopers (mix of the old metals and the new plastics, with the od Anvil or Skitarii bits thrown in)

Full model list

299 inf and auxilia, not including anything in armour.

That's the metal only inf (and plastic mad robot tank crews conversions)... that I have organised. I have another... 30 ish cadians to add to that once I have assigned them squads, and once I find my quad case that's in storage at my parents.... then I begin cataloguing the plastic cadian and catachan

Er, quite a few:

Praetorian (Metal) - 180

Catachan (Metal) - 250

Steel Legion (Metal) - 150

Tallarn (Metal) - 80

Vostroyan (Metal) - 80

Renegades & Heretics (Resin & Plastic) - 100

Non-regiment models (various, mostly metal) - 100

Although these are rough numbers, I have also inevitably forgotten something... So call it about a thousand Guardsmen in total? Obviously none of them are painted though! :teehee: :facepalm: 

Archived