How many guardsmen do you own?

Wassa

I've been slowly amassing them for years since Siege of Vraks, but didn't have enough models at the time to field an army, then took a prolonged break for second half of 5th through 7th (just played HH), but continued slowly collecting them.  I think it got out of hand at some point, because now I am the proud owner of about 250 Kriegsmen/Engineers/Grenadiers+Command. Then about 2 dozen vehicles and flyers.

At this point almost all is painted except 6 bullgryns, 24 cavalry, 3 Russes, and an Octoblade. At that point I intend to stop since I will crack >10,000 points fully painted.

A lot more than I am ever likely to paint :(

That said... 150+ Painted metal Catachan :)

Plus... lots of others (mostly counts-as guard ;) ).

I had to do that. Bought 27 cadians for £8.50 on ebay. Realised he had made too many vox casters and no sergeants so had to buy another box and use my spares to make several sergeants!

Lotsa 'old-school', painted, gloss varnished, metal Catachan Jungle Fighters :smile.: :

4qR9IZb.jpg

I really need to re-base them and tone down that shine :smile.::ohmy.::smile.:

There are some Sentinels to go with them too:

8hPCQex.jpg

I know... the Squat guy actually has some proper Guard! Madness, right? :biggrin.:!

Ah I have some of those old catachans!

Are you going to buy the HWT bases and put them on there?

I don't game and these have been out of their storage box once in about 15 years... so it is doubtful that I would go that far. A repaint of the existing bases and a dull coat isn't too much of a bind but removing the miniatures from the bases would be a nightmare... they are all held in with textured milliput.

Grabbing a pic of my guardsmen gave me a good excuse to clean my painting table.

http://i68.tinypic.com/s12haf.jpg

Total number of men 435 

Prolly got another 20 laying around, missing bases or parts after being salvaged.

Completion rate around 50% i think. Non brown bases, are either purchased, or of an older scheme that are in the process of being repainted.

including heavy/special weapons teams within numbers.

Cadian: 300

Steel legion: 100

Praetorians: 250

Catachans: 100

Elysians: 100

Savlar Chem Dogs 50(Love Victoria Miniatures)

Storm Troopers/Scions 50

So pretty much to many

Krash

Gloss varnish is gross, the whole army looks sticky.

For someone called 'withershadow' I'd have thought sticky would be quite appropriate... what with withering being a bit like rotting... and Nurgle is always covered in slime :D

I know that the gloss varnish isn't to everyone's taste but I have mentioned that I plan to dull it down... so don't think of them as finished, just glossed prior to their final varnish ;)

A quick shot of dullcote would probably tone it right down if you really wanted too.  I should buy it by the case.

Mine:

120 regular Infantry (Cadians with Mad Robot & Anvil heads), all but 12 painted and their almost done.

20 Veterans (Cadians with Mad Robot heads), all but 6 painted and their almost done.

30 Conscripts (Cadians with Mad Robot heads), still NOS but my next project

45 Scions, 20 painted, the rest NOS.

Not counting Ogryn, Ratling, Commissars, and Priests... but including Heavy Weapons Teams?

Counting everything, painted or not?

I have a little more than 150 Infantrymen (with a three-pack of the old I.G. Armor Crewmen thrown in for good measure).

Archived