All comers list

Gibbous

6 guard squads, 2*5 plasma scions, 3 primaris psykers, 3 company commanders, platoon commander and veterans, bullgryn, sentinels, basilisk, wyverns.

Guardsmen form a fire base, sentinels use scout and normal move to get forward but hide of possible. bullgryn advance looking for a fight. Veterans come on from board edge with platoon commander using dagger relic. Artillery does artillery things.

Straken, 2 Company Commanders, Tank Commander w/classic loadout

6 Infantry squads, 2 Chimeras

2 Astropaths, 4 Bullgryn, Priest, Tech Priest

2 Sentinels, Hellhound

Fireball Punisher, Conqueror, battle Cannon + Lascannon Russ

I find this to be a pretty fun and versatile list. This is obviously not for competitive play but more for the local game store and friends.

Personally the Idea of a "All comers" list isn't something i would recommend, Remember the saying is "Jack of all trades is a Master of none, and any additional lines to this is Heresy". As Guardsmen it's I've found better to stick to what the Primer says and Stick to one from of Regiment traits focusing in on being Anti tank or Anti infantry can really help after all as a guardsmen you are likely going second so it's not hard to focus down the one or two weapons that can deal with their threats in a Jack of all trades army.

remember these wise words

I disagree. An all comers list is easy to do and a hallmark of a good player. I could tailor my list to best ork boyz and then turn around and change it to beat custodes. What's the point when I can build a list that will give me a fighters chance against anyone that shows up.

This question is too broad. BCP Player will give you oodles of tournament lists that are "all comers". Anyone designing specified lists to defeat a particular archetype is not really playing warhammer.

The question could have been "what makes a strong balanced list?" Then you might get useful info.

Clear strategy for close combat - and tools to support strategy

Clear strategy for dealing with infantry - and tools to support strategy

Clear strategy for dealing with high T/High wound - and tools to support strategy

Clear strategy to move around board - and tools to support strategy

There are different approaches to all of the above problems. A balanced list has its own answers to them. As a guardsman one of the joys of the faction is the multitude of different approaches.

Archived