Multiple Chaplain Dreadnoughts

arigatous

Has anyone tried to use several Chaplain Dreadnoughts at once? I thought somehow that multiple dreadnoughts which are untargetable due to Character rule could bring a completely unexpected value to the battlefield :)

Have I tried it: No

Would it add something useful: Per the new FAQ, Characters are non targetable as long as there's a unit closer. Multiple character dreads would not be able to block for each other. That said, a non-targetable dreadnought is always useful.

Well, there are a lot of ways to put something close. May be even a Drop Pod - we need to find some use for it after all! :biggrin.:

I think that's a really good idea.  I take a Chappy Dread (read in Jamaican voice) in a lot of games, but never multiple and I'm always looking for ways to block targetting him.  If he can get into their lines at full health he's damn near unstoppable.

Might give this a whirl (White Scars)

Chappy Dread, 2x melee (or perhaps melee + assault cannon) warlord: sword of the imperium, armor indomintus

Chappy Dread, 2x melee (or perhaps melee + assault cannon)

Drop Pod

9x Tactical Marines

2x5 5 Scouts

Librarian (veil of time, null zone, or might of heroes)

Chappy's start off the game on the board pushed fully forward in DZ, with some Scouts deployed in front.  Probably give them camo cloaks and try for cover on these to keep them alive.  Turn 2, drop the pod down in order to "refresh" your screen and buff with the Libby.

You could also get even more crazy and drop a Techmarine down in the pod as well for some repairs!

Would be funny as hell if the opponent successfully wiped the Tacticals with small arms, then realized they needed to shoot their Lascannons into the Drop Pod first :biggrin.:

I think a nice configuration is Chaplain Dread with CCW and twin lascannon. With BS2+ he can move and shoot at 3+, and Sp8" he can move while Tactical/Intercessors advance with him.

I think it could work in a BT tide army.

Totally agree. BS2+ lascannons deserved to be treasured.

Also, 2nd DCCW on ChapDread is almost the weakest "pair of special melee weapons upgrade" of all armies, all codices. Don't +1A, only reroll 1s in hit, while SM already could easily get it from elsewhere.

Might give this a whirl (White Scars)

Chappy Dread, 2x melee (or perhaps melee + assault cannon) warlord: sword of the imperium, armor indomintus

Chappy Dread, 2x melee (or perhaps melee + assault cannon)

Drop Pod

9x Tactical Marines

2x5 5 Scouts

Librarian (veil of time, null zone, or might of heroes)

This (assault cannon one or even twin LC instead) looks very close to the list I'm thinking of. White Scars tactics is very suitable for multiple Chaplain Dreads IMO and the choice of trait and relic seems to be viable as well!

The best overall outfit is with the Twin Las, but it's a lot of points. In the white scars list I posted I actually like dual melee weapons because #1 you're likely going to advance to get a turn 2 charge #2 it's cheap and #3 the reroll 1s actually isn't awful especially he's kitted out properly with Sword of the Imperium and Might of Heroes. 6 attacks hitting on 2s rerolling 1s.

For 10 extra points maybe grab the AssCannon instead. Not a huge loss to advance with that but with a Twin Las it really is too much of a commitment in points to waste a round not shooting.

Archived