[W.I.P.] The Obsidian Knights

Vraxka

I've decided to bring my project over here to share, contribute to the forums and to get some feedback. :smile.:

My project is focusing on my SM chapter "The Obsidian Knights". It's really helped me get back to the hobby and I'm finding it tons of fun.

Here I'll be focusing on sharing my models and I'll try keep a up to date status on how things are going and where I'm at.

Chapter colors

• Black - Overall
  • (Hashnut) Copper - Details such as Aquila and captains helmets.
  • White,Gold,Red,Green, Black - Shoulder trims
  • Ushabti Bone - Tabards (might have another color)

Helmets

Veterans = White helmets

Battle Brothers = Silver

Sergeants = Red

Veteran Sergeants = Red with white stripe

Captains = Copper

Painting Status

Base coating soon.

Current Miniature

Captain Hierax

tumblr_p8z3ogCxCq1xozg5ao1_r1_1280.jpgtumblr_p8z3ogCxCq1xozg5ao2_r1_1280.jpg

Looking to add:

• Cloak of some sort for the back.
  • Feather Plumes for the helmet (Curious how it may look)

Thank you very much for taking a look,

I'm looking foreword to seeing how this goes and sharing this project with you all.

Really liking the Captain's pose, the only critique I had was the wrist aquila, however you've addressed that already. I DA heresy helm would certainly fit very well, though the current choice looks solid too.

Small update

My supplies arrived the other day which means I'm back to picking up a brush and starting to paint. I'm also using a LED magnify glass thingy that I picked up kinda interesting using that. Hoping with this new bit of kit I hope I can see a improvement in my painting. Like everything though it all takes time and practice that's one thing I gotta remind myself. :smile.:

Anyway here's a tester model I've started to get back into the swing of things.

tumblr_p8v977ikPC1xozg5ao1_1280.jpgtumblr_p8v977ikPC1xozg5ao2_1280.jpg

Whats been done:

• Base coated (Black)
  • Aqullia  (Hashnut copper)
  • Helmet (Chainmail & Runefang)
  • Eyes (Not the correct blue, paint dried up. Used Ferisian Grey,Russ Grey)

++ Battle Brothers of the Obsidian Knights are distinguished by Silver helms. The chapter mostly use standard colors for most their ranks with the difference being for Brothers and Captains who are recognized by Copper helms.++

Need to add couple more layers I think in places then onto highlights and such.

Looking good; also I think the name you’ve chosen is brilliant - wish I had come up with that myself. It’s so hard to get a DIY name that sounds “right” and hasn’t already been taken. So - good work!

Looks like a very interesting project you have planned. Look fwd to see where you go with it.

Thank you :)

Looking good; also I think the name you’ve chosen is brilliant - wish I had come up with that myself. It’s so hard to get a DIY name that sounds “right” and hasn’t already been taken. So - good work!

Thanks very much. I hear ya on the name side of things  haha. It started off as a couple of things. It was originally "Knights of the Onyx Wolf" thought it was bit to long so broke it down to "Onyx Knights" that was in use. Along the lines of Onyx, I thought Obsidian as color wise it went well and found out it had something to do with lava, in away fire. Fits well with my chapter as they like fire :)

If you've got a theme or an idea on there characteristics see what you can find might be a good starting point. There's also a DIY chapter guide on the Fanon wiki they have something about names there and list a few adjective and nouns.

http://wh40kfanon.wikia.co/wiki/Warhammer_40,000_Fanon_Wiki:How_to_create_a_Fanon_Space_Marine_Chapter

I hope it can help if you're looking for a name for you're DIY chapter(s) :)

Archived