Deathwatch and Flesh Tearers Inquiry

Aothaine

So I know that most chapters tithe their champions to the Deathwatch. Do you think they would ever tithe a dreadnought? I'm thinking of painting up my Deathwatch Dreadnought as a Flesh Tearer Dreadnought but it will have to cool plaques as it served in the Deathwatch. Do you think this is something that could have possibly happened?

Deathwatch has dreds so some chapter must tithe them. That or if someone falls while in Deathwatch maybe they can get interred in a Deathwatch Dred. Either way it's totally plausible for there to be a Flesh Tearer Deathwatch Dred.

Going by the RPGs - I've not read the new codex so correct me if I'm wrong - they don't tithe Dreadnoughts to the Deathwatch. Marines serving as part of the Deathwatch who're wounded accordingly are placed in one and then the Deathwatch seeks permission from the parent chapter to have 'em serve there permanently. So, he could've been a Flesh Tearer serving in the Deathwatch, ended up wounded in it's service and tossed into one of their Dreadnoughts. 

Going by the RPGs - I've not read the new codex so correct me if I'm wrong - they don't tithe Dreadnoughts to the Deathwatch. Marines serving as part of the Deathwatch who're wounded accordingly are placed in one and then the Deathwatch seeks permission from the parent chapter to have 'em serve there permanently. So, he could've been a Flesh Tearer serving in the Deathwatch, ended up wounded in it's service and tossed into one of their Dreadnoughts. 

I could see the Flesh Tearers asking for him back as well. It would have been pre-devastation of baal. Awesome! It sounds like this could actually work! I think I'll be adding it to the ETL this weekend!

Thank you everyone!

There are dreadnoughts in the Deathwatch, but I don't think chapters send dreadnoughts to the watch, and dreads don't return to their Chapters ever. If one is interred in a dreadnought during Deathwatch service, they stay with the Watch forever.

There are dreadnoughts in the Deathwatch, but I don't think chapters send dreadnoughts to the watch, and dreads don't return to their Chapters ever. If one is interred in a dreadnought during Deathwatch service, they stay with the Watch forever.

This.

As far as I know all Deathwatch dreads were interred while serving.

No Chapter would send a dreadnought chassis to the Deathwatch. They are far too precious and venerated to risk not getting them back.

Archived