Sanguine Dragons WIP

Shaezus

It turns out there are quite a few 40K players in this part of China, so I'm starting my army from scratch and hoping to get some games in over summer. My 2000 point list will either be a brigade of Sanguine Dragons - my own idea for a successor chapter - or a battalion each of Sanguine Dragons and Blood Angels plus a Spearhead detachment. I want to get that chapter master re-roll without paying points for Dante whilst at the same time being able to use the Angel's Wing, hence the likely mix.

Without further ado here is the start on the warlord himself, captain hammerage of the Blood Angels.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll27/timwoowoo/15263886360970.3575418563976689.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll27/timwoowoo/15263888079350.4334969278460543.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll27/timwoowoo/15263887467130.8154968783345155.jpg

Good start on Captain Smashguinius.

I think a brigade is too restrictive unless you want to play huge games, and 14 CP for two battalions and a spearhead should be enough as well. As for the chapter master reroll, I don't think you can get it unless you take Seth or Dante. Strangely we do not get a generic chapter master.

Glad to see you back in the saddle Shaezus :) Did you ever meet up with Morticon in the end and/or is he too far away for regular gaming?

*cough*

Thanks Jolemai and nay, I didn't get to meet up with Mort. I moved away from Beijing and have been so immersed in getting life in order, I owe the guy a reply on we chat:D With the high speed trains here, nothing is too far away so who knows.

Good start on Captain Smashguinius.

I think a brigade is too restrictive unless you want to play huge games, and 14 CP for two battalions and a spearhead should be enough as well. As for the chapter master reroll, I don't think you can get it unless you take Seth or Dante. Strangely we do not get a generic chapter master.

Thanks Quixus, I fear you are right about the chapter master reroll, though I did think any chapter without a named chapter master could use the stratagem? As for the brigade I found it helped me build a balanced list, but with the extra edge on CP for battalions now that may be the way to go.

Thanks Quixus, I fear you are right about the chapter master reroll, though I did think any chapter without a named chapter master could use the stratagem? As for the brigade I found it helped me build a balanced list, but with the extra edge on CP for battalions now that may be the way to go.

You are correct. There is a stratagem that allows you to change a Captain to a Chapter Master. 

We got the Deathcompany Stratagem instead. +1 attack on the charge, 6+ FnP and the Deathcompany Keyword instead of the better captain aura.

It's not a bad tradeoff if you want him to be in melee but not as good if you want him to support your units. My successor chapter master just uses that one instead as well. ;)

We got the Deathcompany Stratagem instead. +1 attack on the charge, 6+ FnP and the Deathcompany Keyword instead of the better captain aura.

It's not a bad tradeoff if you want him to be in melee but not as good if you want him to support your units. My successor chapter master just uses that one instead as well. ;)

I'm not sure if they meant it as a tradeoff for chapter master, but that is a good way to look at it.

Here also be the 2000 point list. Any comments and feedback from my more experienced brethren here would be welcomed.

Brigade detachment - 15 CP total

Captain - Thunder hammer, Storm shield, jump pack (JP), death visions of Sanguinius. WARLORD - artisan of war

Captain - power sword (PS), JP, Master crafted bolt gun

Mephiston

4 x 5 scouts. Bolt pistols, combat knives

2 x 5 Intercessors. Sgts with PS and GL

9 x sanguinary guard. Power fists.

Company ancient. JP. Standard of sacrifice, bolt gun

2 x company veterans. JP PS storm bolsters

5 x scout bikes. Sgt with PS

4 x scout bikes. Sgt with PS

3 x Plasma Inceptors

5 x devastators. 3 las. Armour cherub

5 x devastators. 3 las. Armour cherub

Thunderfire cannon

The company ancient has a jump pack so he can move to buff the sanguinary guard or sit behind the intercessory holding an objective. The veterans were really the only 'tax' in the brigade. I envision them hugging cover and leaping around harassing infantry in support of the troops and bikes. The Thunderfire cannon is there because I believe the Thunderfire stratagem could be a game changer, in any case it brings some nice anti horde to the list. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you how I intend to use Mephy, the Inceptors and the rest

I love the helmets on the sanguinary guards, I think they give them much more character than the death masks, but both times I built guards, I ended up with masks. Maybe on my next squad I'll finally do it :/

Archived