Company vets with Storm bolter/chainswords. How?

Spagunk

So I remember some time ago there was a strategy where someone put stormbolterrs and chainswords on company vets to make a good MSU chaff clearing unit. However in looking at both the index and the codex, I can't see how this is possible.

Do I have the wrong unit? Anyone remember what this was supposed to be about? Thanks.

Well you replace the Bolt Pistol with a weapon from the Melee Weapons list -> Chainsword

And you replace the default Chainsword with a weapon from the Combi-weapon list -> Stormbolter

It's all there in the Codex. ;)

If you also want them to have jump packs, that's under the index Blood Angels unit list; they're one of the units allowed to take them if Blood Angels. The base price for that version is in the index Blood Angel Units section. This option was removed in the codex, so when the index units that no longer exist in the codex are (eventually) retired, you'll have to run them on foot, or change them to a different loadout as vanguard vets.

Well you replace the Bolt Pistol with a weapon from the Melee Weapons list -> Chainsword

And you replace the default Chainsword with a weapon from the Combi-weapon list -> Stormbolter

It's all there in the Codex. ;)

Oh, I see. So you do a switcheroo to get it. Yeah, I was just going over it and saw that it had no option to swap just the bolt pistol and couldn't figure it out. Thanks for the info.

If you also want them to have jump packs, that's under the index Blood Angels unit list; they're one of the units allowed to take them if Blood Angels. The base price for that version is in the index Blood Angel Units section. This option was removed in the codex, so when the index units that no longer exist in the codex are (eventually) retired, you'll have to run them on foot, or change them to a different loadout as vanguard vets.

Yeah, I already knew about that option. It was just messing up the order in getting the storm bolter and chainsword together

Archived