Imperial Fists Primaris Successor Chapter

Duzum

I have finally joined after many years of lurking and reading blogs and posts on here.

I have feel i have finally found a chapter that i can happily paint and continue to paint without getting bored.....so far anyway.

So i have yet to really nail a name for my marines, they are a Imperial Fists Successor Chapter, and my fluff has them been "spirited away" by Belisarius Cawl, at some point just after the war on Terra. I like to to think that they would be a mixture of Imperial Fists and Black Templar, the hatred they have for the fallen legions stems not from learning about what they did through psycho-indoctrination but because they can actually remember it happening.

This is the obligatory chapter design which i planned a good 4 weeks prior to actually putting any paint on a model, somethings did change like the laurel went from a painted on decoration to a laurel been placed on the power pack.

gallery_108123_14587_86022.jpg

I started my test model which i found came out alot better than i imagined it would hope you agree

gallery_108123_14587_8910.jpg

gallery_108123_14587_461382.jpg

gallery_108123_14587_196966.jpg

I have finally joined after many years of lurking and reading blogs and posts on here.

[...]

gallery_108123_14587_196966.jpg
I always find split schemes amazing to look at yet such a pain to pull off succesfully, you did fantastic work there! I especially like the way you chose to identify your company markings, I think it's a brilliant way to do it; different yet functional (I'm not a fan of using colors as often they do break the visual coherency of the army).

If they were already Marines when they were “spirited away”, just be aware that the only test we have on the creation of Primaris shows that the Primaris organs are implanted during the standard organ implantation regimen (newest Index Astartes on the creation of a Marine in the August 2017 WD). No text has been found that shows that the organs can be implanted afterward and result in a Primaris Marine, plus you’d have the implication of cutting open the Black Carapace and the sliding bone plates of the rib cage to do so - not sure if that would have any real effect on functionality, but it’s what it would require.

That said, the idea behind the Chapter is very cool, and I really like your scheme! As far as names, what do they embody?

Nice split paint scheme. Really pops on the model and holds your attention. Changing the location of the company and role markings helps your paint scheme greatly. This should be a killer army.

Is that an added fist over templar cross from shapeways on his left shoulder?

To echo the abovement sentiment I am especially a fan of the way of the Company markings. You seem to have the square painting down which always creates some important contrast and breaks up the colours which on space marines can often end up a bit monotone. This is of course only further done by the split colour scheme which you have chosen. It makes for a striking miniature that is engaging to look at. If I were to give criticism it would be the Tactical Squad arrow on the knee could have sharper edges, but freehanding is never easy and it is quite clear what it is meant to be already, so that is a talent I have no doubt you will master as you work through your army.

I think a quartered color scheme is better, to minimize misidentification and consequential "friendly fire" incidents (imagine how different the Marines look if you can only see them from one side).

What will you name this Chapter? "Black Fists"? "Golden Templars," after the golden armor their Primarch wore as the Emperor's Praetorian (before the Custodes took the Legion's role as the Emperor's bodyguards)? "Shade Fighters" (after this conversation at the Battle of Thermopylae- "Our [Persian] arrows will blot out the sun!" "Then we [spartans] shall fight in the shade,")?

Thanks for all the suggestions and with the name i was originally thinking about something like the Templar Imperialalis

Nice split paint scheme. Really pops on the model and holds your attention. Changing the location of the company and role markings helps your paint scheme greatly. This should be a killer army.

Is that an added fist over templar cross from shapeways on his left shoulder?

And yes i got the shoulder insignias from shapeways 

I have actually progressed alot further with this project i am just trying to get some decent pics to show what i have done

Just a quick post until later when i get some more pictures

My favourite model so far has to be the chaplain, I love this sculpt in general, so I was really apprehensive on painting it, but I think it came out ok.

gallery_108123_14587_58542.jpg

How about concentrating on the work done by Duzum rather than going off-topic and criticising Primaris? :)

Solid start, Duzum! I especially like the weathered leather robe on your Chaplain: would you mind sharing the recipe and/or process?

How about concentrating on the work done by Duzum rather than going off-topic and criticising Primaris? :smile.:

Solid start, Duzum! I especially like the weathered leather robe on your Chaplain: would you mind sharing the recipe and/or process?

I used mournfang brown as a base, then layered up using a mix of mournfang brown and vallejo air burnt umber, followed by a wash of agrax earthshade.

I used cadian fleshtone for the edge highlights

Archived