Sentinels with Knights?

So, I was looking at Armored Sentinels and I love the models, I was thinking of bringing 9 Tallarn Armored Sentinels with autocannons alongside my Armiger, Crusader and Warden. It would add mechs to my army and autocannons are a well rounded weapon. What do you think?

Visually, all the walkers together sounds awesome, but you might want to see if you enjoy how they play before bring 3x3 of them. Sentinels are not terribly accurate. The Tallarn abilities are fun, though.

It will look awesome! I am hoping that they add sentinels to the IK codex personally. It would be awesome to have three different sizes of walkers in the list and just have an entire list of walkers.

I wish I could stick a tank commander in a sentinel. I was thinking a Company Commander and Psyker, just because I think they will be the most useful. I want to play them as an experimental detachment of knight-sentinels used by my Knight Houses guard.

Maybe I will pick up three and run them and see how I like them.

Sentinels have 4+ WS/BS with no degrading profile, T and W of 6, and a 3+ armor save, while the Armiger has a degrading 3+ WS/BS, T7 and W12 with a 3+ armor save, you can almost buy 4 lascannon sentinels for the price of one Armiger. 

The Company Commanders are the cheapest HQ, which is why I chose them, I can fit everything in with two company commanders, which would mean 9x Autocannon Sentinels, an Armiger, a Crusader, and a Warden. If I had the Thermal Cannon for my Crusader then I could fit two Psykers, but I bought it used and have been doing major surgery to make her decent.

What about swapping one sentinel squadron for scout sentinels? Gives you the deployment advantage and shaves a few points off.

P.S. Thinking about it, it’d be great to have a “Sentinel Commander” as an HQ choice, with some sentinel-specific orders. (Same with a Militarum Auxilia Officer, but that’s going off-topic.)

HFlamers are a decent option for the Scout Sents, a pair makes a close equivalent to a short range Hellhound.

The scout vehicle ability is the real gem, push them forward hopefully into cover for an objective and smoke, tough to dig them out for the most part. All that fire is a good assault deterrent too.

Archived