Opinions Requested

Aothaine

Black, red, and brass trim FTW, as far as I’m concerned. The trifecta of awesome colors.

Yeah I really like that scheme as well. It really fits Khorne for sure. Just got my new magnifying glass and will be getting the bikers this weekend, some new paint brushes and some more paints to work on these boys. 

"We do not hide from our foes like cowards and assassins. We want their greatest champions to know we are there to challenge their strength. We illuminate our helms and our hands so they can see the faces in the darkness coming for them, and the hands that will choke the life from their broken bodies. In that way they honour our Lord, and their courage will fuel our rage."

-Attributed to Varnath Kragg, former Captain of the Sable Guard

If you're cool with it I'd love to take this quote for one of my captains. ^_^ I mean.. hell I could even use the name of the captain and the chapter name if you're okay with that lol! ^_^

So I'll be going with this scheme for sure.

csm.php?bpe=940000&bpj=940000&bp=940000&

Still not set on the lens color.. but everything else is perfect! ^_^

It is always an honour for another hobbyist to be inspired by your own creativity, so I am 100% ok with you using the quote, Captain name, Chapter Name, or whatever else. I wouldn't go into someone else's thread and throw out ideas if I didn't want them to be used.

I also second green for the lenses. Preferrably the nuclear green you considered for the armour. I like the idea of their eye lenses being purposely super bright so they can be easily spotted.

It is always an honour for another hobbyist to be inspired by your own creativity, so I am 100% ok with you using the quote, Captain name, Chapter Name, or whatever else. I wouldn't go into someone else's thread and throw out ideas if I didn't want them to be used.

I also second green for the lenses. Preferrably the nuclear green you considered for the armour. I like the idea of their eye lenses being purposely super bright so they can be easily spotted.

For sure! I might not be able to pick up the bikes until next paycheck. Just found out my roommate might be a little short on rent. But as soon as I get a test model all done up I'll post it up. Thanks again for all the help and inspiration!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm.... That colour-scheme looks like the Hounds of Abaddon scheme:

Not saying that's bad, just pointing it out :laugh.:

As for the lenses: Imo, as a contrast for red, a bright green is best, my World Eaters' Maulerfiend for example uses this:

After green, I say bright orange. But ONLY if orange isn't used elsewhere on the model.

Wow that does look pretty damn cool! Both the hounds and the Green eyes. I don't think I'll be going with the hounds though. I really like the idea of a White Scars successor falling to chaos since the entire force will be about 1200-1300 points. Three squads of 9 bikers and the Daemon Prince. :happy.:

The Hounds are just Khornate Black Legion though, and anybody can be Black Legion so long as they swear allegiance to Abaddon. They could just be recent renegades from your custom Chapter. They're not all ex-Luna Wolves.

The Hounds are just Khornate Black Legion though, and anybody can be Black Legion so long as they swear allegiance to Abaddon. They could just be recent renegades from your custom Chapter. They're not all ex-Luna Wolves.

Ohhh for sure. Most of the Luna Wolves are dead if I remember correctly. Still reading ABD's series about them. I fell in love with Loken. But I think he died at the drop site massacre. But honestly, I can't see running these guys as anything but Renegade. Running after advancing is op. ^_^ 

Archived