Lone Wolf, 12" Space Wolf sculpt

Crazy new project - these seem to come around with horrifying regularity it seems.

At the moment I'm currently sculpting an Emperor and I've never sculpted a face before, let alone in 28mm scale (though realistically closer to 54mm as it's going to be ±primarch sized). So while I was plodding along with the Emperors' face it was suggested that I try and do a larger sized bust as everything that we do is at such a small scale.

Me - bust? Nah, it's going to be a full body sculpt, especially as Large model is a Golden demon category.

So far I've got a fair amount of the face fleshed out, and am working on details before I smooth out the skin and add pores.

Bml3Bf5.jpg

lJNXm05.jpg

uDSfxjJ.jpg

I wanted to go for a grizzled looking veteran with the accumulation of little nicks and tears all over that I imagine centuries of warfare would leave a face with, the most stark obviously being the loss of an eye/ear (of course nothing to do with the face that ears and eyes are hard to match *shifty look*)

The back of the head/neck still needs to be shaped properly at the moment it's a little bit shapeless because it has my hands resting on it half of the time.

--EDIT--

Since the original post I've ironed out my intentions a little bit more.

As the title now says, he's going to be of the VI Legion, Space Wolves.

Pose-wise the image below is what I'm angling for (excuse how rough this is, I'm a lot better at sculpting than photoshop).

reLYE6s.png

He'll have a nice fur cloak and his top half will either be the combination of ritual tattoos and branding that is referenced so often or that leather half armour that's mentioned by Dan Abnett in Prospero Burns.

The main thing that I'm really torn on at the moment is whether to do him in half armour or full armour. I'm kind of angling for the single combat look so I want the emphasis to be on looking lean and powerful rather than like a walking tank.

Opinions on half armour/full armour would be appreciated for sure!!

Archived