Colossus Bombard - No Heavy bolter

Heroes of the Imperium,

i have a question about the Colossus Bombard, but first this is my first time posting on the forum. So i'l do a short introduction.

I've collected and played Imperial Guard / Astra Militarum for a long time, 12 years. Mass infantry forces, to armoured mechanised assault and now replacing most of my Cadian models for Elysian models to make use of the Tallarn doctrines and Elysian air cavalry rules.

Back to the question at hand, The Colossus says in the IA: Forces of the Astra Militarum that it has a Colossus siege mortar and heavy bolter. But the model itself doesn't have a heavy bolter mounted on it. I would go the route of paying for the heavy bolter and just explain about the situation.

But what do you guys think, have you had this type of situation before, and how have you dealt with it? The model isn't wysiwyg but then your paying for something that's non-existent.

Vox transmission over.

If you look at the front picture of the model on the website then you can clearly see that it's possible to model a HB on the chassis where it usually goes.

Hope this helps :smile.:

I'm holding one in my hand and without significant modifications there isn't space for a standard heavy bolter you get from a chimera chassis to go. You could just get a heavy weapon team heavy bolter, cut it and stick it on the right side next to the track, but that's all it would be is a heavy bolter sticking out, a tacky add-on.

Thanks for the replies though, more so the pintle heavy bolter idea.

As i can see it's built on Leman Russ chassis. That's why Chimera's heavy bolter mount is completely non-compatible. You may find this variant acceptable

These should do the trick...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Imperial-Guard-Leman-Russ-Heavy-Bolter-Bits/253336554188?hash=item3afc090acc:g:3j8AAOSwVtZaRv0R

Archived