Counts as named Characters....Lame or OK?

So I run homebrew Guard with Cadian doctrine. I had considered a "counts as" Pask when I first started but decided against it. However, now that you can only take 3 company commanders, Creed is looking pretty nice. Still seem kinda cheesy, though. Thoughts?

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it and I do it all the time. Back in 5th edition when I returned to the hobby after a hiatus it was explicitly encouraged in the Guard codex. I don’t see what would be wrong with it today.

Rule of  cool is always best in my opinion.

Go with whatever Mechanicus approved adjustments allowed.

And if in doubt consult your local friendly Commissar incase of tournaments.

Myself I convert some street lights from the building sprue to make spotlights for my tank commander.

Imho and practice, I think it's fully thematic and kind of prefer it as long as you use a suitably pretty converted model. A standard Cadian Sergeant uppromoted to Creed I can't get behind, but a nice conversation that makes it obvious that this character is a big deal and I'm all about it.

Imho and practice, I think it's fully thematic and kind of prefer it as long as you use a suitably pretty converted model. A standard Cadian Sergeant uppromoted to Creed I can't get behind, but a nice conversation that makes it obvious that this character is a big deal and I'm all about it.

This is my "Lord Marshall."

https://artelw.com/#w--ul-id-570-2/Jessica-Steel-Neck-Bruder/p/100052534/category=27324135--w

I didn't use the servo skull and painted her like she is wearing a body glove rather than looking like a teenagers wet dream. Only skin tone is on her face and hands.

If they are distinctly different from your other troops, either by model, colour, weapons then it should be fine.

I don't have a Pask, but I have an old forgeworld metal commander like guy who I'll be using.

I don't have Creed, but I do have the mighty Lord Commander Solar Macharius who will do just as well.

I also have Colonel Schaeffers Last Chancers.

From these I can make 3 different looking company commanders, and it looks like they based the newer Sergeant Harker on Ox so he'll be in place of him.

Archived