Capt Smash and his merry Shield

BaldrickRSA

Hello all,

Like many of you out there, I have a job that keeps me very busy, and a family/toddlers that keeps me very busy, so I do not have the time to fully read and understand every rule in the BRB and the BA codex, let alone my opponents codex and army list. So, for the sake of time I default to Battlescribe to help me with my lists, knowing that it’s not always 100% perfect. However it works well for me, and I am happy with my lists I generally field.

Watching some of my fellow gamers, specifically BA gamers, I see several of them run Captain Smash with a thunder hammer and storm shield, giving him a 3++ save. I have tried doing this on Battlescribe and it always gives me an error, not allowing me to take both a storm shield and thunder hammer. When I ask my fellow BA gamers, they say they just do it. Pay the points and give him a shield.

Is this allowed? And if so, why is Battlescribe not allowing me to do this, knowing that Battlescribe has been through several updates to correct and add things? Or, am I missing something?

Did you take away his Mastercrafted Bolter? I don't get any errors for a TH/SS Captain.

You also have to use the second Thunderhammer entry since the first "slot" where you could take a Thunderhammer is already used for the Stormshield.

Battlescribe sometimes has multiple options that do the same thing. 

The Captain has both a melee weapon entry that you can click both thunder hammer &  storm shield, and a melee/ranged weapon where you can choose the thunder hammer but not a storm shield. 

Basically, choose the storm shield in the one section, and the hammer in the other. 

Scouts and Death Company do similar things I believe.

Apparently I don't pay attention. sfPanzer said it better than I did.

Archived