Dornian Heresy Blood Angels Conversion Q Thread

Ahistorian

Hi guys,

I'm getting an army of the new Death Guard in the summer, and I intend to do them up as Dornian Blood Angels. Does anyone have any ideas on what they'd do kitbash/conversion-wise? I have plenty of standard BA transfers, so that and red armour wouldn't be an issue. My current thoughts have only come up with:

• Chapter-specific bolter/power weapon swaps, probably from Sanguinary Guard or BA Tactical squads
  • Raptors with SA masks
  • Sanguinary glaive sword-blades on scythes to turn them into actual glaives

I'm not terribly well read on the difference between 30k and 40k BA though, and would like the army to taste more of the latter. I have a couple of Rhinos and a Land Raider for transports, and hope to add a Hellbrute or two.

I'd honestly just use the DG models as they are and kitbash some of them with Jump Packs. Probably from Warp Talons with some green stuff work to make them more nurgley. DG models don't really have DG symbolic anyway. They mostly have nurgle symbolic which would be fine for Dornian Heresy BA.

That being said I'm not really interested in alternative universes so I could be wrong with that.

I'd honestly just use the DG models as they are and kitbash some of them with Jump Packs. Probably from Warp Talons with some green stuff work to make them more nurgley. DG models don't really have DG symbolic anyway. They mostly have nurgle symbolic which would be fine for Dornian Heresy BA.

That being said I'm not really interested in alternative universes so I could be wrong with that.

I'd actually advise against that, the Dornian Blood Angels have a very different aesthetic compared to canon Plague Marines, where the DG are bloated and bulbous to the point of their armour bursting open the DH BA are gaunt and withered, wretched things, slowly decaying from Nurgle's unwelcome gifts to the point that they launch raids mostly to capture humans with compatible blood and organs to replace their failing ones.

Here's a few visual examples:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/f9/84/9f/f9849f52c4cf6fbbcecad6dc9a6263a6--space-marine-warhammer-.jpg

http://www.scuzworks.com/misc/scuz%20BA.jpg

Well yeah then it's a bad advice I guess. As said I'm not really interested in alternative universes written by fans so I've no clue about the actual content of the Dornian Heresy. ^^

I'd actually advise against that, the Dornian Blood Angels have a very different aesthetic compared to canon Plague Marines, where the DG are bloated and bulbous to the point of their armour bursting open the DH BA are gaunt and withered, wretched things, slowly decaying from Nurgle's unwelcome gifts to the point that they launch raids mostly to capture humans with compatible blood and organs to replace their failing ones.

Here's a few visual examples:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/f9/84/9f/f9849f52c4cf6fbbcecad6dc9a6263a6--space-marine-warhammer-.jpg

http://www.scuzworks.com/misc/scuz%20BA.jpg

Nurgles gifts range widely, and even among his followers are both bloated and skeletal. Bloated Blood Angels would certainly be plausible - after all, isn't the core of the Dornian Heresy a "What if" exploration of the setting?

Archived