How to deal with Imperial Knights and other craziness

SyNidus

Eh, loyalists have better/cheaper knights, replete with stratagems, artifacts, etc.

Ours can take 2 of the same guns, but still pay index prices for them. Not worth using, IMO.

I'm pretty sure there'll be an Errata for Renegade Knights soon after the Imperial Knight Codex release to bring them in line with the loyalist counter parts.

Eh, loyalists have better/cheaper knights, replete with stratagems, artifacts, etc.

Ours can take 2 of the same guns, but still pay index prices for them. Not worth using, IMO.

I'm pretty sure there'll be an Errata for Renegade Knights soon after the Imperial Knight Codex release to bring them in line with the loyalist counter parts.

I imagine that we'll get the points reductions (base chassis, Avenger) right away, and maybe the +1WS, +1Att for the Gallant if we take two CC Weapons.

Dunno if we'll get anything else right away, but I could see re-skinned versions of the universal Knight stratagems (Chainsweep, Death Grip, Full Tilt, etc.) showing up for us in Chapter Approved later this year.

Blastmaster don't cost 100p. You don't take the unit just for the Blastmaster. You take the unit because Sonic Blaster are good and because they're Troop in an EC army. So mentioning the Blastmaster is fair point.

It's not a “I need something against Knights ... lets take some Noise Marines“, it's a “I have some Noise Marines and their Blastmaster even works against Knights“.

Yes they do, because to get a blast master you have to spend x points before you can invest in them and in this scenario we are talking about how to specifically deal with imperial knights. So, in fact we are just talking about getting the unit just for the blastmaster just for them. As that's what my answer was referring to.

I just reread the FAQ and you're right about the noise marines being troops for an EC army, but my point still stands. They are no where near the most effective choice for anti-tanks and regardless of what legion you take. When you consider we have havocs and predators.

And you can use a Sonic Dread since FAQ allows that too. Giving you 2 Blasmasters (And you can just screw on an addition rocket launcher) on a Hellbrute for even less ponts then a squad of 10 Noise marines. And as mentioned before - regarding that list tailoring is not what we are after here - they are more flexible, if the army is full of them (If I am in a good mood I can field 10 Blastmasters. 6 in 3- 6 squads of noise marines and 4 on 2 Sonic dreads - even 2 more if i would convert me a third blastmaster for a sonic dread, for even more WUBWUB), you can deal with both- hordes and heavy Units.

I haven't faced an all Knight army this edition but have come up against some pre codex and I'd agree that predator killshot, helbrutes, maulerfiends and berzerkers can all do enough damage under the right circumstances to cripple a knight pretty quickly. Killshot has worked well for me - it's downed a flying forgeworld super heavy in one round despite the to hit penalty. Knight profiles do degrade significantly so depending on the mission and situation on the table, it's not always imperative to completely destroy them.

Edit: correcting auto correct

I did just notice that they have a new stratagem to explode extra big on a 4+ and deal lots of mortal wounds, so any Berzerkers chopping them down are probably toast. Likely a worthwhile trade off, but that could wreck nearby subsidiary stuff. Worth thinking about, or at least knowing about.

Luckily you don't really have to kill Knights. Bringing them down to half or even lower wounds is usually already enough to make them way less dangerous. Especially if they want to keep moving. ^^

Theres literally so many options.

Smite. Thousand sons smite spam really hurts heavy armys and ignores things like invulns and penalties to hit. Knights cant deny either.

Trip pred plus stratagem or fire frenzy hellbrute

Forgeworld stuff like leviathans, fire raptors etc. Are pretty good.

Magnus and or mortarion

Daemon princes. Lots of em behind chaff with relics and buffs

Pink horrors en mass with buffs

Noise marines en mass with buffs

Oblits or havocs with buffs

Nurgle daemons with various damage boost abilites. I posted some math in the daemons section on how 20 DG possessed with all the buffs and a bit of luck could take out 10 knights in one swing (with max attack potential - theyre a bit random)

Tzaangor enlighted auto wounding on 4s

A butt load of cultists and all the buffs

Bloodletters with buffs are not too shabby

A khorne super heavy daemon engine + stratagem to reroll hit and wounds in shooting and fight phase

Suicidal exploding/ mortal wound aura death guard stuff

Tying them up with chaff like cultists or horrors and killing everything else

• 3 weeks later...

Archived