Alternative blastmaster bits

So I just found I have a bit of an issue.

I've got some Kakophani to use as Noise Marines with Sonic blasters. To add a Blastmaster marine to the squad, I grabbed the volkite culverins. https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Telerac-Pattern-Volkite-Culverins-Set

Well, they just got delivered, and they're actually smaller than the Kakophani guns. *Bleeeeeeep*

Does anyone have recommendations for exotic heavy guns or other alternative blastmaster bits to recommend? I was planning these for a couple units in a tournament next month.

I'm not interested in the finecast blastmaster or guitar ones.

I could maybe do one this weekend.

Basically I remove the front of the weapon and I removed the lower barrel and replace it. You could just cover it up too. Then I stick the exhaust from the land speeder missile launcher to the front. Then just add bits and green stuff the rest.

I do want to run a few guitar strings from the weapon to the backpack amps whenever I get to them.

I could maybe do one this weekend.

Basically I remove the front of the weapon and I removed the lower barrel and replace it. You could just cover it up too. Then I stick the exhaust from the land speeder missile launcher to the front. Then just add bits and green stuff the rest.

I do want to run a few guitar strings from the weapon to the backpack amps whenever I get to them.

Very nice. I love this conversion. It's right in line with what the kakophoni look like.

I was happy that it fell in line with the 30k look. Enough that it could blend in with the others if I could play HH and different enough to stand out as a blastmasters in 40k

However, this has been my latest envy in design:

kalista-band.jpg

That sonic weapon looks appropriately wicked. It is bizarre and wonderfully Slaaneshi.

I was happy that it fell in line with the 30k look. Enough that it could blend in with the others if I could play HH and different enough to stand out as a blastmasters in 40k

However, this has been my latest envy in design:

kalista-band.jpg

That sonic weapon looks appropriately wicked. It is bizarre and wonderfully Slaaneshi.

Yeah. These models are wickedly beautiful. 

Hush, what's that little circular vent bit from?

If I remember correctly, it’s from the forgefiend ectoplasma head. I had an extra head lying around and had at it. I may be using smaller ones from IG vox casters on the next one as I lost the other vent I was saving.

Hush, what's that little circular vent bit from?

If I remember correctly, it’s from the forgefiend ectoplasma head. I had an extra head lying around and had at it. I may be using smaller ones from IG vox casters on the next one as I lost the other vent I was saving.

And the bits list builds. Thanks!

I forgot about the kromlech one. Saw that on eBay and thought it was pretty rad.

And de nada RonaldTHTG! I think that’s where I got those bits too, haha. Looking back at my blastmaster those other bits I used are from an adeptus mechanicus kataphron. The bottom part fit nicely and I pretend that round bit on the top is how he adjusts frequency. Looking forward to seeing what you cook up!

Juggernaut, just saw you post. I've looked at those, and while they're pretty stocky, I was lookin at the hand placement, and I think they're about the same length as the Kakophani guns.

I've got them in mind to get as Sonic blasters in the future, but they don't strike me as blastmaster size.

Archived