Side project - Vogen hive guard.

ProminusIV

For our Vogen campaign, i created an infantry squad defending the city of Vogen! They will help out an imperium player if they need a little assistance. Carrying S4 las-carbines, they will pack a punch!

The Story: 

For hundreds of years, the hive city of Vogen has been a destination for traders, merchants and royalty from the gothic sector and beyond. Visiting the renowned pleasure palaces and violent arena games while signing promethium deals worth millions of imperial credits. The city thrived, and the hive spires kept rising, and with their rise the Vogen hive guard were established.

Armed with exquisite las-carbines and arco-plate armor, they were a sight to behold... Until the promethium pipes ran dry. With its main income rapidly declining, the city of Vogen fell into a major economic depression. Budgets were cut and the hive guard lost their shine. bright purple banners bleached in the harsh sunlight and metal plate corroded by rad-winds as the void shields were turned off.

The spire guard still patrol the streets of Vogen, though only as a shadow of their former glory.

Very nice. Other than survivors are you taking another provenance? 

Would love to see some pics of the force commander (unless that's him up front with the axe of course). 

I have some plans for a commander and possibly an armiger. We'll see where this takes me. It was a lot of fun to build and paint these guys, so they won't be the last of this force :) 

Proof that the Guard is the most adaptive of all the forces in 40K. These are magnificent, and could be house troops for an Imperial Knight. I might have to borrow some of this concept. Hermanista, over in the Admec forum, had used great swords only to build his with ,Skitarii parts.:thumbsup:

Well done, very impressive banner and kit bash. Very bold color scheme too.

With the rifles and armor they give off almost a Conquistador vibe.

Love to see more of this project.

• 2 weeks later...

Hyped about this new project! I just completed painting Albert Friedhelm, Marshal of the Vogen Hive guard, electorate of the ruling Landsknecht.

The Friedhelm family has been in the Landsknecht for more than a hundred generations. They have always had a proud military tradition, with mandatory military training for all the Friedhelm children and enrollment in the Vogen officer school for those gifted in military strategy.

Albert was one of those gifted children, graduated with the highest possible grades he quickly moved up the ranks to become the youngest sergeant, captain and finally marshal in the history of Vogen.

9RrfXHWl.jpg

Furthermore, created a custom data-sheet for my vogen hive guard for the Vogen campaign i'm running! Art by my friend https://www.instagram.com/sekvensen/

HU0hiu4h.jpg

All looks fantastic!

How did you make the field Marshall he certainly looks glorious!

It's mostly the empire general kit, with a greatsword head and body. Ad-mech skitarii arms, and a scion command staff.

The horse is the empire general horse, with 2 legs chopped off and replaced with skitarii ruststalker legs.

Archived