First Acolyte on the tabletop

Paradill

So I tend to play super-fluffy lists even if it's not the most effective thing in the world. 

I want to add a First Acolyte as a peice to model and paint uniquely as an addition to my Shadow Host. My question is, what does a First Acolyte actually do in a battle?

I get what they do spiritualy and their position in the host, unsure in battle.

Marduk and Ashkanez maybe acted like exalted champions? But Enkil was a Havoc, lugging an autocannon around with him. 

Do you think it would be best to have a suped up squad leader or an aspiring champion to represent my First Acolyte, or even any other suggestions? 

You could do your full on dark Apostle as a Lord and run the acolyte as an Apostle with the coryphaus as exalted champ.

Or coryphaus as a Lord, dark Apostle as Apostle and exalted as acolyte. If your acolyte was more guntastic use the warp smith for him?

Thanks MaliGn, 

First of all Guntastic is my new favourite word. 

I think I might have a guntastic icon bearer as a warpsmith, so you have definitely started something off in my mind (icon = power axe rules wise if I model the axe to be iconography laden). 

I think I'm gonna go exalted champ for the First acolyte, using the powerfist chosen from DV as the base but doing some customising with the raptor/warp talon set. 

I may post a picture when he is done, in honour of your valued input. :)

To add my own thoughts to this (even though you seem to have made your mind up), this is the set up I have for my own Word Bearers Host.

Dark Apostle = Not represented on the tabletop. For my games I like to think that he is operating in the background and has delegated command to the Coryphaus and First Acolyte. 

Coryphaus = Lord

First Acolyte = Sorcerer (pretty much an Exalted Champion but with options for psychic powers)

Icon Bearer = Dark Apostle (I imagine the Aura buffs being as a result of the Hosts Icon rather than oratory)

I think that covers all the main roles in the fluff.

Archived