Azrael, Chapter Master of the Dark Angels.. and his mate...

Tzen

Beautiful work on Azrael. He and Dante are iconic 2nd Edition minis and I'm nervous about what an updated version of them may look like.

My biggest struggle has been with getting a good gold that covers well, but all that I have found so far requires multiple thin layers, which can make painting small details, or edge highlighting a challenge.

I've seen some kitbashed Azrael models over the last few years, that actually look better...

I am actually really keen to give Dante a go next. I wouldn't mind doing NMM on him, see how it playsout. My issue is that the mini is in finecast, so yeah... :S 

This has been a a bit of a trial to paint. It's such a classic mini, and it's an amazing sculpt. But the fact that it is in metal meant I struggled with it. I know some people who love their metal models, but I definitely prefer plastic! 

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/azraeldone1.jpg

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/azraeldone2.jpg

Astounding work! I'd love to see your take on Dante. I remember that mini was the first time I'd seen NMM in a White Dwarf. Given how ornate the Sanguinary Guard are I wonder what a new Dante mini might look like.

Thanks very much OakRiver! :D 

I have a load of things to paint, but I am slowly realising that I dont need to paint armies anymore, I just tend to focus on random individual models. :D 

Thanks Dosjetka. I actually painted this up as a gift for my brother. Which is why I think I may have been a bit more critical of it than usual.

It's weird at the moment. I have no active painting projects on my desk right now. Enjoying being blissfully project free. :D

Archived