Imperial Guard appreciation thread

Felstone

I'm thinking of going for two batteries of guard for a competative list.

And going with the upcoming cawdor models for the ragtag rabble of pious pilgrims supported by the knights.

And then some ragtag knights festooned with that to the them together.

I have a bunch of painted Tech Thralls from my old 30k Mechanicum force I'm considering repurposing as Guard soldiers. The plan is to get the FW Moderati models as Sargeants and the Princeps models as Force Commanders. Should work well with my Questor Mechanicus and Adeptus Mechanicus forces.

While I already have Imperial guard I can use for this (Catachans) I really feel tempted to buy 3 infantry squads and a command squad box (cadians) so I can create the "Duracell Regiment".

That snark aside, I will comment that there is room for some give and take.

First is that the Duracell Battalion can make it so you have 11 CP provided you take a qualifying SHD Lance. As far as CP goes, that is fairly respectable and usable for all stratagems you would likely want to use. Any army can seem CP hungry at first and to be honest, the Kurov Charger Commander I think in some scenarios may not be as needed as most make it out to be. That however will come down to a critical point: Are the relics and warlord traits of the Knights better than the Kurov's Aquila. Ofcourse there is to and froing here however we can do the reverse of what many suggest and use 1CP on the AM Battalion to get the Kurov's Aquila and run off of our opponent's use of stratagems, that will generally net you an extra 2-3 CP easily.

I think there has been a lot of theory been done and even myself have fallen into it for now, getting a little too cynical about it (despite being extremely excited for this release) and need to actually get some practice in with the codex now to see how it performs. No doubt the Duracell Battalion will be needed to get enough CP to do anything meaningful but the main thing I want to test and think about is the AM warlord trait and Kurov's Aquila as needed as we all assume.

I'm looking for modeling suggestions for a knight ally battalion. Currently thinking of using the hazmat suits from forgeworld:

O6WQGgN.jpg

I really like them. They look like the old Kasrkin models (my favourite IG models).

Archived