Metal regiments no longer available

Kruso

Absolutely gutted this has happened. I have always been a staunch defender of GW but this is really bad. No last chance to buy and no warning.

This makes me very worried because now GW has no real incentive to keep the rules for different regiments around when a new codex or edition comes out :( 

Only plus side is now my 150 metal mordians and 90 Steel Legion just became worth a hell of a lot of money, but I will never sell them so its not really a plus.

Absolutely gutted this has happened. I have always been a staunch defender of GW but this is really bad. No last chance to buy and no warning.

This makes me very worried because now GW has no real incentive to keep the rules for different regiments around when a new codex or edition comes out :( 

Only plus side is now my 150 metal mordians and 90 Steel Legion just became worth a hell of a lot of money, but I will never sell them so its not really a plus.

Realistically, I imagine that we'll start seeing recasts popping up asap, if they're not already there. Sad fact, but true.

I wouldn't worry about regimental doctrines. GW has only ever made a small handful of Marine models from many chapters, and there are always chapter doctrines. If anything, given how many army traits are in some books, I almost think this may be taken by them as an opportunity to expand beyond the constraints of the model range. There were never models for different Aeldari disciplines, but they got bunches, so I think that at least that concern could possibly end up going in a positive direction in the next codex.

Archived