Foetid bloat drones in other armies?

Tons of lists use them. I’ve seen a few in the ITC GT I was in. I faced one in round one (I reported on this in my blog if anyone’s curious about details/pictures in my sig).

They often appear as a detachment along side Alpha Legion of course. So go for it.

Well I have Bloat Drones and Blighthaulers in my Iron Warriors army. There's a fair bit of storytelling gymnastics involved in that particular force, but there are plenty of standard reasons you could have them in your army,

A fairly reasonable justification would be that the leader of your Legion/Chapter/Warband saw how effective they were on the battlefield and built some themselves or had their Dark Mechanicus friends make some.

Nurgle-aligned warbands with a close partnership with the Death Guard could probably petition the Legion's commanders to lease, purchase or bargain for them (sure, we'll give you some drones, but only if you take them here and do this thing for us, then they're all yours!).

Maybe your warband defeated a Death Guard force and through ritual and sorcery bound their Daemon Engines to your warlord's will.

Archived