Men at Arms for Imperial Knight House

BloodWolves

Has anyone fielded an Army that's based around an Imperial Knight House and have had ground troops? I've done a small bit of digging and found a few examples of "Men at Arms" but Im not super well versed in "Knight History" just seeing if anyone has created better names/ ranks or models for this?

Well... the mechanicus use knights so you could use skitarii without any thought whatsoever.

For knights on home worlds with imperial pilots, I guess you could just use imperial guard regiments.

I reckon the Solar Auxilia would make good ground troops to accompany a Knight... https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Solar-Auxilia-Lasrifle-Section

Well... the mechanicus use knights so you could use skitarii without any thought whatsoever.

For knights on home worlds with imperial pilots, I guess you could just use imperial guard regiments.

I reckon the Solar Auxilia would make good ground troops to accompany a Knight... https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Solar-Auxilia-Lasrifle-Section

Seconded on the Solar Auxilia - using Scion rules as an MT Detachment. It's a tempting option I've been thinking about for a while. I'd be concerned that FW will LCTB the Solar Auxilia line before too long though. 

Playing with Anvil's regiment builder, something like this might work as Knight House Retainers:

mXY8BQQ.jpg

-Ran

If you want to go with a "medieval style" army of serfs to accompany your household to war, you could just wait for the new cawdor gang to be released and use them as count as astra militarum:

UKExpo-June1-Cawdor3ln.jpg

I think it would be pretty cool thematically to have dirty peasants armed with scrap weapons fighting alongside nobles piloting some of the most advanced machines the imperium can produce.

Of course it would require some minor conversions to make them "legal", but nothing too crazy.

Unfortunately I believe Warhammer TV said they wont be porting those mechanicus units to 40k.

I really like Ran's idea!

I didn´t meant it for rules (If only FW and GW could make that) but for the miniatures as they are fitting and look great.

Archived