Angarox's WiP - ETL Tyranids!

Angarox

Hi everyone, finally getting round to doing this for tracking my vow(s) for the Hive in this year's ETL!

First a bit about my Hivefleet. Came up with this scheme after entering a painting competition at my local GW store where you pick three random paint pots out of a bag and paint a single miniature. I ended up with Rhinox Hide, Emperor's Children And Retributor Armour for my Tyranid warrior. Ended up really liking the end result (except for the blingy gold claws!) And decided to use it for the rest of my newly spawn fleet.

Current approach is to basecoat everything with Mournfang Brown spraypaint, then paint up armour plates in pink and body parts in brown. Claws will not be gold, but black with a green edge highlight. For the fleshy gun parts I think I'll try to do them darkish green based on a scheme I saw in an old copy of Warhammer Visions. Basing is mainly using astrogranite texture paint and maybe washing it to give it some depth in colour.

Also as a new user I'm still trying to figure out best ways to include photos in these posts! First I'll upload my inspiration Warrior, then my basecoated and partially painted Broodlord & Genestealers. The Broodlord and 'stealers should be easy to finish off with no guns to worry about.

My painting skill is a bit under average, although I'm hoping that's more to do with lack of experience and that I will improve as ETL continues :)

Archived