Greater Brass Scorpion Inquiry

Aothaine

I have not seen a lot of discussion about this lumbering beast. I am currently making a renegade detachment of White Scars where I will be running most of the list on Bikes. I was wondering about maybe using 1-2 of these bad boys to help out my Bikers. In light of the new Imperial Knight codex and their rise to power do you think that two of these Greater Brass Scorpions would be a worthy addition?

It only moves 12" but it has a decent amount of firepower and it's melee attacks are quite powerful.

What do you guys think? Could a Greater Brass Scorpion or two create an issue for Imperial Knights?

You know, I don’t have any insight, but I have showed up with my scorpion-defiler a few times at the local scene and been asked if it’s a brass scorpion. It’s a bit on the small side, but the guys around here would totally let me run it as one, so I’ve been itching to give it a try.

I’ll definitely share with you anything I might learn!

What do you guys think? Could a Greater Brass Scorpion or two create an issue for Imperial Knights?

In bigger games, yes.

But a Brass Scorpion is more than 600 points, which is around the same or more than the big Knights.

So in smaller point games, it's not viable because it's too expensive. Like, in a 1500 point game, two Greater Brass Scorpions are almost half your points OR MORE

The greater brass scorpion is overpriced, but with the reroll stratagem it goes up yo decent. Its shooting is surprisingly dangerous and the 3d6 charge really helps.

Its biggest let back is that it cant be targeted by spells, especially frustrating as its a flat restriction to friendly spells but only a relatively minor penalty to enemy spells.

Aside from being ugly, the lord of skulls outperforms the scorpion by a) having more wounds and resilience and b) you can target it with spells.

When i say spells, prescience and diabolic strength are okay, but really i mean warptime, which makes the LoS dangerous

Archived