Knight friends, a loadout question

Isual

As I am just about to aquire a knight titan as a support for my army (from a shared renegade box) I am thinking about the loadout I want to run.

At the moment I am tending to the Paladin with a rapid battle cannon and a thunderstrike gauntlet, later mainly for style. Maybe I`ll equip one of the backmounted weapons too. But I`m open for new insights and any advices you can give me.

I personally would go with the Knight Gallant.For only 385 Points he is just a Monster in CC and can profit the most from some Stratagems and/or Warlord Traits. Also i think the Shootie Knights aren't that great mostly because their Guns are way overpriced.

To check, are you getting your choice of bits? There is only one 'upgrade' sprue in the renegade box so only one gauntlet between two knights (plus one of each missile pod/Icarus cannon/Avenger cannon).

My advice would be magnetise them if you get enough parts to have more options. That's what i'm planning to do with both knights in my box (and possibly another set if i can get it)

To check, are you getting your choice of bits? There is only one 'upgrade' sprue in the renegade box so only one gauntlet between two knights (plus one of each missile pod/Icarus cannon/Avenger cannon).

My advice would be magnetise them if you get enough parts to have more options. That's what i'm planning to do with both knights in my box (and possibly another set if i can get it)

I am aware of that, but thank you for the hint. Magnetising is already in planning too.

I always roll 2,3 or 4 on my rapid fire battle cannon... It's so common I just tend to go with either gatling cannon or thermal cannon because of it. At least if you roll a 3 with the thermal cannon you're half way to max output. There a real cool stratagem for the gauntlet now, Death Grip I think it's called.

I think it really depends on the rest of your army for Knight load outs and what gaps are you looking to fill but if you're just building it for aesthetics, I honestly couldn't pick between Knight weapons, they all look awesome when painted up.

Glad to hear you're magnetising too, definitely a good call on a $ investment like that.

Enjoy!

It depends on your metagame. The Avenger Gattling is going to wreck any Marines, MEQ, and arguably custodes or battlesuits, and I've found it to be a wildly good weapon.

The Rapid Fire Battle Cannon looks good on paper, but it's so inconsistent. When it's good, it's good, but don't be surprised if you have to blow CP just to make it decent.

As a new knight player I feel that to get the most bang for the points, you're having to get the gallant. That requires you to get the 1 gauntlet in the box, if your mate is OK with that, but it's the best knight there is. Stratagems for the knights make them absolute beasts, a gallant with paragon gauntlet, Landstrider (+2" to advancing and charging) and Full Tilt stratagem is a 15-20" move + 2d6+2" charge turn 1. Swinging in with 15 feet attacks or 5 with that insane gauntlet hitting on two's. With house Krast traditions you'll even be rerolling failed hits when charged, charging or intervening. Yes, it's quickly quite a bit of CP with relic+trait when it's not your warlord, but if you want to make the most of that single knight, rules make gallants the best atm. Good thing you're magnetizing though :)

As a new knight player I feel that to get the most bang for the points, you're having to get the gallant. That requires you to get the 1 gauntlet in the box, if your mate is OK with that, but it's the best knight there is. Stratagems for the knights make them absolute beasts, a gallant with paragon gauntlet, Landstrider (+2" to advancing and charging) and Full Tilt stratagem is a 15-20" move + 2d6+2" charge turn 1. Swinging in with 15 feet attacks or 5 with that insane gauntlet hitting on two's. With house Krast traditions you'll even be rerolling failed hits when charged, charging or intervening. Yes, it's quickly quite a bit of CP with relic+trait when it's not your warlord, but if you want to make the most of that single knight, rules make gallants the best atm. Good thing you're magnetizing though :)

But when you can fit 3x Gallants and two guard CP batteries in 1750, you have the CPs to spare.

As a new knight player I feel that to get the most bang for the points, you're having to get the gallant. That requires you to get the 1 gauntlet in the box, if your mate is OK with that, but it's the best knight there is. Stratagems for the knights make them absolute beasts, a gallant with paragon gauntlet, Landstrider (+2" to advancing and charging) and Full Tilt stratagem is a 15-20" move + 2d6+2" charge turn 1. Swinging in with 15 feet attacks or 5 with that insane gauntlet hitting on two's. With house Krast traditions you'll even be rerolling failed hits when charged, charging or intervening. Yes, it's quickly quite a bit of CP with relic+trait when it's not your warlord, but if you want to make the most of that single knight, rules make gallants the best atm. Good thing you're magnetizing though :smile.:

But when you can fit 3x Gallants and two guard CP batteries in 1750, you have the CPs to spare.

True, but this is about a single knight, not bringing 3 gallants and two CP batteries :)

Archived