Thinking of Returning to The Guard

As the topic states, I'm done with a non-GW project that had taken over my hobby time in the better part of the last year and I'm thinking of coming on back to one of my first loves from 40K... and I don't mean my Space Wolves.

Of course, I mean the Imperial Guard.

I ever mention that I hate the whole 'Astra Militarum' thing?

Anyway.

I've been looking with a covetous eye at a lot of the Victoria Miniatures stuff as well as a lot of the Anvil Industries stuff and I'm in the middle of an internal debate.

For the Victoria stuff, I'm most drawn to the Arcadian stuff (of course), the Tannenberg stuff (so very Mordian), or the Rausenburg stuff (greatcoated Mordians!).

Possibly a mix of Rausenburg and Tannenberg? I think it could work.

But those Arcadians make me so nostalgic for the old metal Cadians.

As for the Anvil stuff, I'm thinking of maybe going with the cross-belt torso, greatcoat legs, and the tricorne hats for no other reason that I've never seen anyone use them.

Regardless of what I go with, I'll be paying a lot for shipping as I'm here in the U.S.

Of those lines that I mentioned, what do you guys like the best?

Looking for input.

Possibly a mix of Rausenburg and Tannenberg? I think it could work.

Figure on the left:

greatcoat-legs-3_1200x.jpg?v=1496037507

+ Greatcoat MKI Legs

+ Dress Uniform Torso

+ Dress Cap Heads

+ Dress Uniform Arms

+ Weapon as desired.

Although I do like her Arcadians - those rolled sleeves would make the current GW Cadians look better I think.

-Ran

Thanks for weighing in Lord Ranulf!

I really do like the look of those troops.

Kind of Mordian but with greatcoats.

While I still have an incredible amount of plastic Cadians... I'm in the mood to do something with a very different look/feel to them, you know?

I think I'm going to have a tough decision on my hands.

I have far, far too many guard, so occasionally when I start getting experimental I end up with just a unit or two or a couple characters with a conversion I really like. I eventually decided that while I have my main Imperial Army regiment, the Crusade force they are with contains many other regiments, and simply use those odd units or models in that context, so my Baavari Brotherhood are occasionally accompanied by a veteran squad of Outremar engineers or an honour guard of whatever other regiment I kitbashed that I like.

So I guess in short, my answer is to do a crusade force and get any and all models that you like :)

The same here I just decided that my chosen world has been populated with settlers from other worlds who carried there traditions with them. There is another force that has been brought in to act as a peace keeping force,as well as to provide a coherent command structure.

I've been using cadian bodies,with third party heads as well as using warhammer fantasy parts.

I honestly appreciate everybody coming in and sharing their thoughts.

Cheers, guys.

I've been giving it all a lot more thought and I think I have an idea as to where I'm going, and that's likely going to involve Victoria troops and, most likely, Anvil heavy weapons.

I've been checking out a number of different sources for potential color schemes and right now... I'm kind of leaning toward the VM Arcadians.

Won't lie, a big part of the draw for her stuff is the female figures.

WB Hermit! :D

I bought some VM stuff recently and was very pleased! She now has fixed rate shipping I believe to the US?
I got a couple of her female Tannenburg models to use as officers, annoyingly I don't have any pics posted of them though? Possibly because they're still not painted! ;)

I did get some of her Van Diemen models though and really like them! :)

So a week off and most of it dedicated to chilling and hobby I only got 4/10 of the vet squad done... :(
I did however get 3 colours on the remaining trooper so they look ok on the table.
They're taking about 2.5hrs a model. So from here on out I might ditch the batch painting and finish them 1 by 1 when I get time during the week.
At least I got the important guys done! :D
gallery_87434_11578_372276.jpg
Her stuff has a bucket load of detail too which is awesome! Although be prepared to scrub hard or invest in an Ultrasonic cleaner. The releaseant on the models is tenacious!
Anvil has some great looking models too... Depends what style you want! :)
A mix works well too! ;)

Archived