Cadian / Catachan Transfers when changing regiments

Wassa

Hello,

If you're going to have tanks and artillery for your army, but you sometimes want to play Cadians or Catachans, or even mix them , do you bother with the transfers at all?

The Catachan have been drafted in to replace Cadian tank crews that were sadly wiped out as they slept during an enemy missile attack.

The Cadians have been drafted in to replace Catachan tank crews because they were sadly ambushed, on the way to the mess, by a Catachan Devil.

It's not the problem that faces you that makes you a general... it's how you deal with it :smile.: .

The equipment stays the same but the crews are buttoned up inside... so it doesn't matter how the tanks are marked.

But I think Isinfier has a very valid point :)

For those of us with few tanks (nagging wives saying we've spent too much already).

Do we just put a small label on the tank saying what regiment it is if it's not obvious?

Can I suggest magnets?

Embed a magnet somewhere on the tank and then paint two bits of magnetic material with the two different regiments/symbols to represent them... then swap and choose as you see fit :smile.: . If you use a strong enough magnet, you can just glue it to the inside of the tank and it will be strong enough to grip whatever is on the outside. No need to destroy details or drill into your tank then :) (test it first and remember that you can stack magnets to make them stronger).

OR... drill a small hole on the top of the turret and make two little flags to do the same thing. If you have a 0.8mm drill bit, a paperclip will be perfect for the flag pole :smile.: .

Can I suggest magnets?

Embed a magnet somewhere on the tank and then paint two bits of magnetic material with the two different regiments/symbols to represent them... then swap and choose as you see fit :smile.: . If you use a strong enough magnet, you can just glue it to the inside of the tank and it will be strong enough to grip whatever is on the outside.

oo that is a great idea.

The obvious place is the armour that glues onto the side of the turret, but it's not easy to get replacements for that. Maybe I'll just put the transfer on the unarmoured bit and then another on the armour.

Can I suggest magnets?

Embed a magnet somewhere on the tank and then paint two bits of magnetic material with the two different regiments/symbols to represent them... then swap and choose as you see fit :smile.: . If you use a strong enough magnet, you can just glue it to the inside of the tank and it will be strong enough to grip whatever is on the outside.

oo that is a great idea.

The obvious place is the armour that glues onto the side of the turret, but it's not easy to get replacements for that. Maybe I'll just put the transfer on the unarmoured bit and then another on the armour.

If you place the magnet behind that panel, all you need is a rectangle of tin and it will cling to the outside of the armour happily. You wouldn't even know there was a magnet there :smile.: . Mark the armoured panel as either 'CADIA' or 'CATACHAN' Then just add the magnetic  rectangle with the other name on top, when you need to :smile.: .

The guy in the shop recommended plastercard but that has issues with fitting magnets.

Tin from a can or something? is that easy to cut/shape/paint?

The guy in the shop recommended plastercard but that has issues with fitting magnets.

Tin from a can or something? is that easy to cut/shape/paint?

You could even try some metal from a tomato puree tube (or some such)... if it's magnetic. That would be easy to cut/shape and as long as it was primed, easy to paint. Alternatively, a second magnet (make sure you get the polarity correct before you paint it ;) ), a washer with a bit of plastic glued to it or a bit of paper-clip sandwiched between some paper/card. Anything magnetic that you can work with :) .

Honestly, I'm not sure you even need to go so far as to do anything unless your models are painted as legitimate Cadian or Catachan schemes. If they're not, then you just really need to make sure your opponent is on the same page as you are.

That said, I converted several Russes with a tiny hole thru them, and mounted some flags on brass rod. That way I can swap icons and such out as needed (loyalist this week, traitor the next), or easily mark out tank commanders vs regular Russes. It could also be helpful if you're running tanks in different regimental Detachments in the same game. The blue flags are Cadian, the red flags are Tallarn, etc.

Archived