Movement Trays

Joe

So I've been looking into movement trays the past day or so to make it easier shifting a few dozen infantry around the board at a time. That said, most of the trays I've seen are 5:5 or 3:4:3 in stacking, which isn't helpful if I want to have a HWT base with say, two slots for 25mm bases on it.

Any thoughts?

There's an Etsy shop out there somewhere that makes a kind of cool tray modeled for 8x25mm plus a heavy weapon base. I also can confirm that for the most part you can get a similar but less aesthetically pleasing effect with a 100x100 square base.

I will add though that I've tried movement trays many many times and, honestly, unless you're playing with virtually no terrain, they don't help. Want to bubble wrap? Off the tray. Want to surround an objective? Off the tray. Charge? Off the tray. Move near or into any terrain? Off the tray. They make my setup a /tiny/bit easier, but that's been about it. You may want to mock up a few out of cardboard or something and see how useful they actually are to you before investing in something nicer.

Edit: here's the site I found before deciding the trays didn't help me much https://www.etsy.com/shop/MackTheMaker?ref=s2-header-shopname

Kinstryfe posted the shop I'm aware of that does that

Why do you want to have slots for the 25mm bases though?

The two models are consider 1, 2W unit. In fact removing one would actually reduce your LOS as you couldn't draw it from then any more

Plus he's the one firing the extra lasgun shot ;)

Unless you want to glue down the HWT and have the models removable so you can use them as regular infantry?

Or do you mean HWT + 2 regular guards men to sit next to the 2 HWT models? That I have not seen at all

I have been messaging: 

https://tectoniccraftstudios.com/

On Facebook for some no gap infantry squad ones with HWT for my Mordians. He seems quite responsive

I’ve used the ones from LoTR. Fit 8 Guard bases with a HWT beside it. Was also good for masses conscripts up until the inevitable charge. Then the pain was pulling them all off to pile in. Worked in some games better than others.

I bought those Tectonic trays for my Primaris Marines and I think they’re excellent quality. Very sturdy and by chance fit the color scheme I plan for their bases.

Archived