The Calixis Crusade WIP Thread: Khornate Space Wolves

Hi this will be the WIP thread for my Calixis Crusade narrative. The major players are Black Templars and Word Bearers with a bit of INQ28 thrown in. I'll post everything I have so far at a later date, but for now, here are some Space Wolf Berzerkers for my Word Bearers army...Or as I like to call them, Fenrisian werewolves on Colchis.

ekXvIa0.jpg

LBNO0mj.jpg

ovUWUrr.jpg

blF06pz.jpg

fstANF3.jpg

vlK3Y0h.jpg

6lgs3J8.jpg

Champion Options:

thJAmHg.jpg

Icon of Wrath

RTsb6pP.jpg

I've still got 3 more to make to bring their numbers up to 8. And thenm I'll fill gaps and glue a few more icons and accessories to cover ugly areas.

I've decided to do all of my elite cult units this way. It doesn't feel right to have Word Bearers dedicated to a single god, so instead they're going to be fallen loyalist chapters who fell sway to my Dark Apostle. Next up will be Blood Angel noise marines!

Sweet models! Where are the torsos from? I thought it was the wrath monger kit but it seems to be some SW models.

And BA noise marines seems like a great idea, the sanguinary guard models look one unit of pride away from falling to slannesh anyways so I think they'll make for some interesting NMs

Thanks! The torsos, arms, and backpacks are Wulfen. The legs and heads are bloodbound. I don't know if I'm going to go full vampire on my noise Marines yet. using nightlords bits from forgeworld and vampire counts from AoS. Or if I'm going for the prideful look using sanguinary guard helmets. Maybe with bleeding eyesockets.

The Vampire angle might be interesting although I think the pride+bling style may convey the blood angel/ noise marine theme better. Vampire Counts bits might make them a tad too reminiscent of Night Lords. But I could be wrong of course:)

I think you might be right. I just watched interview with the vampire last night...totally coincidence. And I like the pride and decadence of Le Stat. I like the idea of the blood angels giving in to the desire to drink blood but I never saw them as wild Khornate beasts. So the prideful look will be the way I think.

For Rubric Marines I'm going to have the aspiring Sorcerer in wordbearers colors. But the rubrics themselves will be possessed suits of loyalist armor. Like he captured them and turned them into golems or something.

I'm still not sure how I should do plague Marines. Definitely loyalist zombie puppets I think. I already have a lot of black templar bits, since they're my main army. And it would fit my narrative if the wordbearers resurrected some massacred Templars as plague Marines. But I'm still not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived