Are missiles per turn or per battle?

skorgan

I feel a bit embarrassed even typing this, but it came up during a battle and so I ask the 2 players next to us (playing a different game) and they agreed with my opponent... Which blew my mind since I was sure I knew the answer.

So, 

"When a vehicle (Vulture for example) list missiles for its weapons (2 Hellstrike Missiles or 6 Skystrike Missiles for example), does that mean it can shoot that number of missiles per turn, per battle, or what?"

It is per turn unless the rules say otherwise.

Hunter-Killer Missiles being the prime example.

So, if you take the 6 Skystrike Missiles option.  You can shoot 6 Missiles per turn, every turn?   I just want to be sure I am understanding it right.  I get Hunter-killer Missiles are limited, but the others are not (unless they say something like "Can only be used once per battle")

I know the Hellstrike Missiles on Valkyries work like this, but I have always thought the Missiles on FW models were limited.  But my searchs today in the codexs and FAQs have found no sources for that. 

Appreciate the quick answers also.  Thanks

It depends. You need to look at the unit entry and the weapon entry. On a valk it is listed as hellstrike missiles. The hellstrike missiles weapon profile is heavy 1,so 1 shot per turn.

A vulture is armed with 6 skystrike missiles, heavy 1 x6, with no one use only limit. So 6 missiles per turn.

Exactly.

If the weapon doesn't have an ability that says it can be used only once per battle (eg, Hunter-Killer Missiles have such an ability, making them each once per battle ), then it can be fired multiple times per battle.

Archived