Help with melee Chosen

I know you're running Word Bearers, but for me the best melee Chosen are World Eaters.  Equip five Chosen with paired Lightning Claws and watch them blend through anything they hit, with 20 attacks on the charge (and you can use stratagem to double the attacks if you want).  No need to bring an Exalted Champion because LCs already re-roll Wounds.  With Veterans of the Long War, you can wound even T8+ on 5s, and the re-rolls to wound help, especially with the -3 Armor penetration.  

Sure, Berzerkers will still put out just as many attacks (if they have Chainaxe + Chainsword combo), but they don't have the re-roll to wound (although you can add an Exalted Champion) and they lack the AP-3.

For me, paired LCs strikes the right balance between quality attacks and quantity.  Especially combined with the World Eaters trait!

I know you're running Word Bearers, but for me the best melee Chosen are World Eaters. Equip five Chosen with paired Lightning Claws and watch them blend through anything they hit, with 20 attacks on the charge (and you can use stratagem to double the attacks if you want). No need to bring an Exalted Champion because LCs already re-roll Wounds. With Veterans of the Long War, you can wound even T8+ on 5s, and the re-rolls to wound help, especially with the -3 Armor penetration.

Sure, Berzerkers will still put out just as many attacks (if they have Chainaxe + Chainsword combo), but they don't have the re-roll to wound (although you can add an Exalted Champion) and they lack the AP-3.

For me, paired LCs strikes the right balance between quality attacks and quantity. Especially combined with the World Eaters trait!

I bought two boxes of Warp Talons and they were in the mail when the deep strike rule change nerfed them to uselessness. I had a similar idea to yours.

med_gallery_106214_14524_1428189.jpeg??t=67401076

That kit comes with 25mm bases that need to be switched out for 32mm. Just a heads up to anyone who didn’t know.

Archived