Knight avatars WIP

Felstone

Whats up everyone.

This is my first attempt at assembling / airbrushing and painting anything, it might have been a bit for me to take on since i haven't played the game in over a decade, but the idea of being able to customize an army in detail has me excited to take this project on.

Knight theme

Each knight avatar has a "pledge chapter". I picked up some resin bases, and added a helm for each chapter for added detail.

Grey Knights

Idea lifted from Den of Imagination. Standard GK paint scheme. Templar kit from shapeways. I wanted to use the hammer from a Dreadknight but the hilt looked comically small, so i made a larger hilt made of glued magnets and a small leather strap.

a5744c689399d742826a0c193e5096dd.jpg

710x528_19519560_7094475_1518735057.jpg

Adeptus Custodes

Standard AC paint scheme. Eagle kit from shapeways.

iSeHX54.jpg

Blood Angels

This is the knight i'm most excited about, my brawler. It looks like shapeways discontinued the helm i have, but it's the death mask. The helm is going to be painted gold ala sanguinary guard. The shapeways claws and the other melee weapon from the Dreadknight gives my knight an awesome looking paragon gauntlet, and a huge power sword in the other hand.

http://i.imgur.com/TD7WgYr.jpg

Armiger squires

I really wanted to add some color to my army and i thought i could make my halavins either ultramarines or dark angels (ravenwing / deathwing).

Ideas thoughts or criticism welcome.

Awesome idea!, I did something similar for my knight, kept it as a pre-heresy Thousand Sons (potentially psychically controlled :-) ) and I am planning on doing something similar and something more 40k Thousand Sons in the future....

Awesome idea!, I did something similar for my knight, kept it as a pre-heresy Thousand Sons (potentially psychically controlled :-) ) and I am planning on doing something similar and something more 40k Thousand Sons in the future....

It's not an original idea but i'm having a blast customizing these guys.

Recently picked up another Renegade box and i plan on kitting out the next knight as an Ultramarine. I'm going to use one of the following helms for the base.

POD9R3l.jpg

Archived