Fill me in!

Hello everybody!!! :) 

Since i ve been away from the hobby for more than 6 months and i am about to come back i would love if u guys could fill me in on what has change these past months reggarding our army. How is the current meta looking for our army? Did we get any buffs or nerfs? What is dominating right now? 

I ll propably have my first game in the next days so i want to be prepared :P . 

I used to run a hybrid army of tanks and infantry but i didnt see much succeses in it.

Every bit of feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

May as well read the Big FAQ and the Astra Militarum FAQ to see the changes in April, other than that not much has changed.

A brief summary:

• Commissars are usable again after the nerf that made them dangerous to take, points reduced to 15 or 16.
  • No deep striking outside of your deployment zone in the first turn. Generally an amazing buff to us.
  • Smite spam got nerfed.
  • Knights came out, everyone I know seems to have them, may need to take a shadowsword if you're playing with a lot of points.
  • In tournaments you're now limited to 2 of each unit for 1000 points, 3 of each unit for 2000 points, and it scales upwards. Sucks for us with a lot of troops needing company commanders.

Tanks & Infantry is pretty much the guard in a nutshell, what are you doing wrong? :P

My army is mainly

Punisher russ outflanking (tallarn)

Heavy sup sqd w mortars

Mordian infantry squad w plas

Mordians are good in defence and attack (with the shoot again at 6+ strat), i use my commanders to move twice onto objectives.

Other people may fill you better about antitank since I use marines for that.

Prehaps the biggest change with the big FAQ is reinforcements can only deploy with their own zone turn 1 or normally after that.

Not much changed otherwise for Astra otherwise that hasnt been mentioned.

Welcome back! :D

As the others have mentioned the recent BIG FAQ made some changes although not too much impact on Guard. Rule of 3 may limit you a little, but overall was a good thing for the game.

IG specifically are still in a very good spot. Although there are more codexes that are out that are equally as good if not slightly better.

Archived