Finding a concept for a tournament list (1750pts)

lash144

Hello Battle Brothers,

like mentioned in another thread I´m normally a Mechanicus player but after allying with some BA I´m really toying with the idea to convert to BA because I their playstyle is so much more engaging and I really enjoy the lore after reading the codex.

So there is a new tournament series upcoming in my area, which places some restrictions on list building, namely:

- 1750 points

- max 2 detachments (one needs to be a Batallion)

- max 2 times the same unit, with the exception of Standards and Transports (where you can take max 5 times the same unit)

- max 1 LoW

Since I have virtually no experience with playing mono-BA in a competitive enviroment I would appreciate your help in finding a concept for an army which could work under those restrictions.

The tournament itself is a mix of scoring points for objectives, kill points based on points destroyed and ITC like missions.

I think two Batallions will be mandatory for enough CPs, but from there on I´m not quite sure how to build my list. Two ideas which I had:

1) A focus on two big CC units (Sang. Guard + DC) backed up by a small static gunline with units like Devastators.

2) Maybe somekind of a midfield deathstar containing things like Hellblasters, Aggressors, FnP Banner, Brother Corbulo. While things like Captain Smash put on pressure on the enemy.

So what are your opinions? 

Archived