Chaos Battle Reports

Redtoof

Since my last thread of battle reports suffered from a bad case of all the pictures being removed, I decided to post reports on a blog instead and thought it wouldn’t make sense to keep posting them in the old thread, so they are going here as well. As an added bonus it’ll just be links and a teaser picture so the thread won’t take 7 years to load.

lf anyone else wants to, feel free to add links to your own battle reports or battle reports you’ve seen that interest you.

Anyway, first one I’m posting is a bit of a silly game. It’s my Alpha Legion teaming up with my far too trusting Ad Mech against 2 other chaos armies. It’s a big game but fair warning, it only goes to turn 3.

https://redtoof.blogspot.com/2018/07/battle-report-adeptus-mechanicus-and.html

0931361A-BA84-4DC0-A400-AD648CD2BA3F.jpe

If you like the report and you haven’t seen any other yet, there are some more reports already on the blog, most of which feature Chaos Marines on one side or the other.

• 1 month later...

Ah geez. I can’t wait to get my drake painted...

Would you consider the Guard to have deployed poorly? Were objectives so important that they were forced to move on them and couldn’t afford to bubble wrap their artillery?

My formal entry into the drake naming contest is Skywrithe... mainly because it is fun to say.

I didn’t really go into much detail on deployment in this one, but it was corners so I guess they didn’t really have anywhere else for all those tanks to go. The conscripts were being a very tight screen but the cultists dealt with most of them. I think if I were them I’d have considered splitting the artillery a bit, but I think with their lists the risks of someone shutting down the gun line were always going to be there. That said, they probably should have killed the Heldrake in turn 1 instead of putting all their big guns into the knights.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• 6 months later...

Archived