The Blade of Conquest

ProminusIV

Just wanted to discuss this relic, i've been playing a couple narrative games and chose this relic (+2s -4AP D3dmg) to make my company commander more able to generate a 'story'. But she is killing things left and right, with good positioning she has been able to heroically intervene and actually kill multiple Slaanesh noise marines and some ork boys and a nob. Anything that gets wounded dies basically. 

Has anyone else been using the blade? 

I gave the Blade of Conquest to my Commander Chenkov model at the London GT Narrative and he did okay with a Power Axe Lord Commissar and Ministorum Priest backing him up. Pretty sure he fluffed whenever it really mattered though since I lost 4/5 games.

The Priest's attack buff also works on Enginseers and Primaris psykers so you can have a quite fun 'adventurer party' in the middle of your infantry gunline.

I've used it multiple times on a lowly platoon commander in friendly games. Generally it gets works done to my delight and my opponents dismay.

WS2+ S5 AP-4 D:D3 is nothing to sniff at

It usually does cost me extra cps to get but I'm ok with that :D

Just for being that guy but:

- Power axes are not an option for IG (i know, index has them but why using it when we have the dex?) or am i wrong?

- The blade gives you +2 attacks, not +2 to hit rolls.

You can actually use the wargear options in the Index, which is great for power-axe/mauls are often the better choice. I can recommend using 'battlescribe' to create your list. They have gathered all possible legal options in a great application.

I know, what i want to say is that when the dex is out, keep using the index to mix units from the 2 manuals is a bit of "cheating" even if its perfectly legal.

It is perfectly legal. That's the exact opposite of cheating.

You may dislike it; I dislike Marines being awful, and that random Guard Officer #2,006,787 is somehow a better strategist than Marneus Calgar or Eldrad Ulthran. That doesn't mean that someone should not play those options, or that you should label anyone as cheating - that's as bad as That Guy.

=][=

Well now we've had that discussion lets get back to the matter at hand:

What has everyone else's experience with the Blade of Conquest been?

If I dig around my phone I'm sure I have some amusing victory photos of it.

=][=

think my favourite one was a eldar autarch charging my choppy guy (steel legion warlord with blade of conquest) (named Choppy McChopperton)  him fluffing it, only for me to thwack 7 wounds on him = dead eldar. with 2 wraithguard going down next round 

The blade is +2 str.

- Power axes are not an option for IG (i know, index has them but why using it when we have the dex?) or am i wrong?

The blade is +2 str.

Sorry, i made a bit of confusion with the Tallarn relic

• 2 weeks later...

So I run Catachans with Straken, a priest, and a CC with the Mamorph Tuskblade all riding in Chimeras, rushing up the board with some infantry squads and Bullgryn.  Last week I gave the priest the blade of conquest in addition to what I normally take.  That little guy put in serious work! That combo is quite strong, actually.  Probably mostly due to the fact nobody really expects IG to WANT to get into combat like that. Chimeras charge in to soak up overwatch then everyone else rushes in. Say the enemy remains in combat? Order Straken and the CC to Fix Bayonets! It's really fun.  

Archived