Ultima Founding Chapter /Primaris Scouts

Hi Everyone,

I´ve been in the hobby on and off for quite a while, but mostly for the fluff
(I love the books, last time i played a game was like 5th Edition).
So I thought it time to finally create my own Chapter!
(And finally create my own account on this site :D)
It is going to be an Ultima Founding Chapter, because those are very new territory ^^
One of my main goals is to bring that sexy grimdark back to the Primaris shinybois,
which they seem to have lost (no genetical failures/curses, untaintable, every piece of
equipment new and progressive....)
I don´t know much about the current rules, but from the tactical ressources and posts on this here forum
I gathered that a pure Primaris Army is playable, but is lacking in the melee department amongst other things
bc Reivers just can´t hit hard (If the Emperor hears about his new boys having no unit for glorious melee he will turn in his throne).
So I decided to use other rulebook units as Primaris, and create a reason why they are lacking that extra Wound.

My Chapter was created around a Battalion of Loyalist World Eaters, who signed up for Cawls Primaris Project.
Cawl used the chance to play around with the Butchers Nails implants a little, and when the Brothers were woken to
join the indomitus crusade, they found their Heads clear and their rage gone, until they wanted to wake it and cause carnage in Battle.
Keeping the Nails in check is constantly overburdening the Cawls Furnace Organ (resulting in the missing wound).
To Bolster their new Chapters size, they were allowed to choose from the progenoids of the other loyal chapters
(tapping the storage container with Angrons geneseed is a no-no) and decided for Jaghatai Khan, to hopefully bring them
more luck than their own crazed primogenitor. During the chaos of the Indomitus Crusade, they were more or less left to their own devices,
and developed a number of questionable rites and customs to fill the void of their lacking chapter history and to form a brotherhood despite
their dark past and their different heritage. The most important of these rites is that they still implant recrutes with a modified form of
the butchers nails, which they now have a bit more control over. (The only exception are those who show psychic potential)
To represent this in wargaming, I want to play using the blood angels rulebook, and will mostly use Death Company.

tl,dr: I want to play an Ultima Founding Chapter without being restricted to codex primaris units, so i gave a story reason why
some of my Primaris lack that extra wound

This took a very long detour, sorry bout that...
Now, for my Primaris Scouts, I decided to use the Goliath Gang models, which ended up looking really cool and also working
pretty well sizewise. I added some Reiver Arms, et voila:

CuzHXD6.jpg?1

I am not sure about my new Chapters name, on the list are Blood Hounds, Void Hounds and Rift Hounds.
(Hope this is actually the right subforum for a homebrew chapter lore/ WIP Primaris Scouts post)

Sounds more like an informal nickname ^^ (Likely given by other imperium forces, and not to their face)
For their Chapter Banners and Heraldry, they would propably choose
something a bit more dignified and/or awe inspiring.
The Hound part comes from them honoring the time before they were rebranded by Angron, of course :)

Archived