WYSIWG Slamguinius?

dbecer01

It looks like there is a Vanguard Veteran in the pic of the units, which already has the Jump pack, thunder hammer, stormshield already. What else would I have to do to be able to call him a captain?

Just an iron halo really. Probably something in the vanguard kit can be used as one, but I'm not 100% sure.

You don't even need to have an Iron Halo. All Captains come with one by default so it does not have to be physically present on the model. Tycho has an Iron Halo but it is not on the model. Anyway I don't WYSIWYG is part of the official rules anymore. There are iron halos on the Blood Angels upgrade sprue. So if you get the Blood Angels Van Vet box, you get this sprue included cheaply.

I liked using the Sanguinary Guard jump pack to represent the Angel's Wing relic but again there is no rule saying the Relic must look different from a regular jump pack.

So if you buy the BA Van Vet box, you can make 3 Captain Smashes who are fully WYSIWYG or 4 if you do not mind that one lacks and Iron Halo.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Blood-Angels-Vanguard-Veteran-Squad-2016

I used one of the spiked heads from the DC box, it counts as an iron halo. Dante has his halo on hit mask after all. Also, as said, there is a halo in the BA upgrade sprue, but also, a helmet with a spiked halo on it.

I ordered a box of Vanguard Vets on Amazon. I’ll put the captain togeather from that. I can cut the halo from another guy, and I should be all set. Thanks guys.

I’m amazed you magbetized that dude Ekfud. Cool idea, but I’ve seen people play with magnetized models smaller than a vehicle, and it’s a super pain. Sometimes you touch, and it just falls apart ...

Heh - yes... they are fairly solid but since I also have magnetised sergeants it’s just habit now to pick up by the legs rather than arms. Probably better for looking after paint job anyway.

Tbh I’ve had more issues snapping off sanguinary guard wings (which now get pinned instead).

Archived