Wrist mounted combibolters

To bring my 1750 EC list I have thought about doing something similar with the Phoenix Guard to get my list to 2000 points.

I was thinking of taking combi-bolters, like the plastic ones from the tartaros or cataphractii kit, and then get pistol grips from older bolters and from vehicle kits. Like a rhino comes with a storm/combi-bolter with a bit that is a handle with two pistol grips for said weapon. Remove the hand on the plastic combis and take those pistol grips, attach them, and either just glue it to the armor (maglocked) or shoulder strap them with small jewelry chain.

***Aww crap. I'm getting old and forgot you mentioned wrist mounted combis immediately after reading your post. The closest thing I had thought to do was to take, cut, and swap the EC terminators forearm for the GK one. I'm not sure how well that'd go or look. I honestly would be bummed losing the detail of the wing on the phoenix's arm and I wouldn't be too happy with a combi just stuck on.

What about the sanguinary guard bolters. Those should be easy to mount, as I believe they're a separate piece from the arm.

They aren't I'm afraid.

Personally I think Hushrong's method has merit, wrist mounting normal guns tends to look quite clunky in my opinion.

Yeah, the wrist mounted weapons are part of the arm for the sanguinary guard. They wouldn't look too bad with work but I think you just end up in the same place as using the GK ones.

Aside from strapping or mag-locking combi-bolters to armor another idea could be to have a servo arm mounted to the back that holds/fires the weapon. Personally I think that would be more at home on an Iron Hand or Iron Warrior but I think it's another viable option.

The other potential use is just using unmodified Phoenix Guard terminators as chaos terminators with dual lightning claws (It's what I do at any rate).  Other than that, yeah the Grey knights is probably as fancy as you're gonna get with the least amount of effort in trying to resize the arms for the tartaros pattern. 

I have 10 Phoenix termies that I did exactly this to. Well, some of them. A few I swapped out combi bolters from BoC. Some, like the models holding halberds in both hands- I put a Bolter/boltpistol and a plasmagun/plasma pistol above their head/backpiece and greenstuffed around it like fleshmetal. A couple I did the wrist mounted thing, with some having a bolt pistol on one wrist and a plasma pistol on the other. I love chaos. <3

I have 10 Phoenix termies that I did exactly this to. Well, some of them. A few I swapped out combi bolters from BoC. Some, like the models holding halberds in both hands- I put a Bolter/boltpistol and a plasmagun/plasma pistol above their head/backpiece and greenstuffed around it like fleshmetal. A couple I did the wrist mounted thing, with some having a bolt pistol on one wrist and a plasma pistol on the other. I love chaos. <3

yeah, I suggest either having be back mounted, replacing the end of their Spears with Custodian spears, or just cutting the guns off of sanguinary guard or grey knights.

Archived